Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Bora?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

My brother and his GF are going to Australia in mid September potentially for good and unfortunately for me I have been given the job of tying up their loose ends.

He has a 2004 VW Bora 1.9TDI Manual with 33,000miles on the clock, he bought it new in 04. He is putting it for sale and has given me the responsibilty of selling it if he dosen't manage to do so before September. It was NCT'd in June and he thinks he will get €12k for it and expects me to do so too. I think he is mad as they are farmers cars and it is a typical German Diesel old thing and looks chunky, and it lacks a hitch which alot of these Bora's have.

How realistic is €12k? and what are the chances of getting someone to buy it privately? I myself think it only worth €7k to €9K max as in 5 months time it will be 5 years old. The car is spotless and is all electrics with A/C, but has a tape deck and those nasty type suede seats :eek: plus VW alloys! Although I am used to buying cars I hardly ever sell them, my company sells to another company who buys ex-fleet.

Also I don't know where to advertise it, as they are a pig of cars and the market is flooded I don't even know where to start! Would carzone or Autotrader be worth a shot? From my point of view this is not a desirable car at all so I think I will have to tell my brother to come of his high horses with €12k or is it achievable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's a 1.9 VW TDI - plenty of folks have time for them. Stick it on Carzone, I can't see it being too hard to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Yeah stick it on carzone!

Advertisement