Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers or Bruxelles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Neither. I always prefered Charlies Rock Bar.

Get over it man, 1995 ain't coming back ;)

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Fibbers FTW - €3 drink on thursdays, gigs/karaoke on fridays.. all you could want. Although admittedly i had a bad first time experience of brux so i wont be going back... might make me biased!

I can think of easier ways of getting a pint of piss and not pay €3 for it! :P

On a serious note though, a bad first time experience anywhere isn't gonna be appealing either, i'd say gather around a couple of mates and try Bruxelles again just for a couple of hours.

That way you can lose some sleep and then say you tried. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Cathy666 wrote: »
    Bruxelles, without a doubt. Good location, great people and metal, what more could you want!
    Fibbers smells like piss and it's full of emos. Not even €3 a drink could entice me to Fibbers.

After saying the above....I ended up in Fibbers on Sat night :eek: :p
    It's actually not as bad as it used to be. They have MANOWAR in the jukebox!! :D Bruxelles is way better though.

After saying the above....I ended up in Fibbers on Sat night :eek: :p

Who did you piss off in a past life to deserve that ticket then? :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Who did you piss off in a past life to deserve that ticket then? :)

Hahaha, who knows! My mate that I was out with, doesn't really like Bruxelles. So we compromised and left Bruxelles at 12 or so and went to Fibbers. :rolleyes:
    I'll be back in Bruxelles on Saturday though :D

• Advertisement

Least your night was varied then! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Fibbers was only good when that Carisma DJ was there.

Least your night was varied then! ;)

This is true. I would have preferred to stay in Bruxelles for the night though.

Oh and what the hell has happened to Eamonn Dorans in the last year? They play dance and hippity-hop crap now Iansmiley1.png Such a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Oral Slang wrote: »

Bruxies is pretty much the only place I drink in, although seriously bored at the mo. Have been trying to mix it up a bit - go to the foggy / porterhouse etc. first or as an alternative, because it just gets so repetitive, but it's really hard to get many people to budge from Bruxelles!

Nobody can deny being bored in Bruxelles. It all seems more a case of " I have to go cause everyone else will be there" than actually wanting to frequent it. And AMEN, it's f*ckin' impossible to get anybody to budge from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Get over it man, 1995 ain't coming back ;)

Doesn't take away from the fact that it was a great place...

Haven't drunk in Fibbers in years, other than before a few gigs. Drink in Bruxelles when I can be arsed going out, but tend to start in the Foggy, have a few reasonably priced drinks & then head up to Bruxelles sometime after 11 or 12.
    Was in on Saturday night & it's €6.70 for a bottle of Budvar in Bruxelles... That's just madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

been to the both of them and had good nights there. alltough i meet in murrays (on top of fibbers) for the villa games found out one night when took wrong turn at the loo. been to one or 2 gigs in fibbers good place for a gig. draw for me. both can be packed aswell. had no probs either way

This is true. I would have preferred to stay in Bruxelles for the night though.

Oh and what the hell has happened to Eamonn Dorans in the last year? They play dance and hippity-hop crap now Iansmiley1.png Such a shame.

The jukebox is just a little more varied, it also depends on the day you've gone in.

I tend to avoid there now, their alcohol selection has gone down the crapper in the last two years, even mixers are a chore now. I asked for a JD and coke and they flung a pepsi at me?!!

Ever try drinking JD and Pepsi?! Listerine would make a better mixer!!!

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Doesn't take away from the fact that it was a great place...

It was a good place. McGonagles was a great place. :D
    Was in on Saturday night & it's €6.70 for a bottle of Budvar in Bruxelles... That's just madness.

I got shafted up the ass for 13.50 or something for a JD and 2 cokes in Anseo the other day! Apparently the JD was 5.20, which meant that each Coke was €4!!

Under the normal run of things, i'd have refused it but I was with a mate. Won't be going back there again!!

Anyway sorry for taking this and running, I've never really gotten too shafted with the prices in Bruxelles, that said, i haven't had a drink there in months either. Must make a return soon.

Hrm, hey Cathy, what you doing this weekend? :D

The jukebox is just a little more varied, it also depends on the day you've gone in.

I tend to avoid there now, their alcohol selection has gone down the crapper in the last two years, even mixers are a chore now. I asked for a JD and coke and they flung a pepsi at me?!!

Ever try drinking JD and Pepsi?! Listerine would make a better mixer!!!
    A little? That's an understatement. The place has gone to ****. It's a pity because it used to be a really good spot. Ah well.

Their selection has gone down and their prices have gone up.

JD should only be served with Coke. Pepsi and JD is just wrong.
    Anyway sorry for taking this and running, I've never really gotten too shafted with the prices in Bruxelles, that said, i haven't had a drink there in months either. Must make a return soon.

Hrm, hey Cathy, what you doing this weekend? :D
    Haha I'll be in Bruxelles on Saturday. Might see you there :p:D

A little? That's an understatement. The place has gone to ****. It's a pity because it used to be a really good spot. Ah well.

Their selection has gone down and their prices have gone up.

JD should only be served with Coke. Pepsi and JD is just wrong.

I'm more angry that i allowed myself to get shafted, lol!
    Haha I'll be in Bruxelles on Saturday. Might see you there :p:D

The week i'm having, i'll most likely be the one pissed drunk at the bar holding up the building! Cos i'm being driven to drink, the cast of Bruxelles can watch me drown ;)

I'm more angry that i allowed myself to get shafted, lol!

Shafted, lol. Hope they used lube :p Haha sorry :D

The week i'm having, i'll most likely be the one pissed drunk at the bar holding up the building! Cos i'm being driven to drink, the cast of Bruxelles can watch me drown ;)
    Yeah I know that feeling. We'll drown together ;) :P

Shafted, lol. Hope they used lube :p Haha sorry :D
    Ran into that one :(;)
    Yeah I know that feeling. We'll drown together ;) :P

Race ya! Two Jagermeisters, leave the bottle! :D

Ran into that one :(;)
    You ran into it?! Must have been painful! :eek: :p
    Race ya! Two Jagermeisters, leave the bottle! :D
    Ohhh, it's on! :D

You ran into it?! Must have been painful! :eek: :p

Ohhh, it's on! :D

Better order yer ebay liver now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

It was a good place. McGonagles was a great place. :D

Oh memories,McGonagles was a brilliant venue,such a pity it was closed down,played there a couple of times and seen Ozzy Osbourne playing there too as well as many other gigs.

• Advertisement

sub-x wrote: »
    Oh memories,McGonagles was a brilliant venue,such a pity it was closed down,played there a couple of times and seen Ozzy Osbourne playing there too as well as many other gigs.

I cried when it closed down, I actually did. First week in 1992 I believe, but I could be wrong. I think i went about six months of nowhere to go at night time before Fibbers became Fibbers. Good as it was at the time, It just wasn't the same.

I missed being able to do my leap to the stage, anyone that ever saw the stage in McGons would know the significant difference in the size of the stages! ;)

Better order yer ebay liver now! ;)

My liver is young and healthy. It's well able for the abuse :P
    Feel free to order yourself one. You'll need it! :P

My liver is young and healthy. It's well able for the abuse :P
    Feel free to order yourself one. You'll need it! :P

Oooohhh, harsh... but fair.
    (got 3 of em in my freezer, standby is always a good thing!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

I cried when it closed down, I actually did. First week in 1992 I believe, but I could be wrong. I think i went about six months of nowhere to go at night time before Fibbers became Fibbers. Good as it was at the time, It just wasn't the same.

I missed being able to do my leap to the stage, anyone that ever saw the stage in McGons would know the significant difference in the size of the stages! ;)

It was the only venue in Dublin that would allow you stage dive,seen a guy missing the crowd completely and bouncing off the floor,he was a bit dazy but still happy :D

Drank cider with Deicide outside the door before they played and then of course Tom Hayes Rock discos.Just a load of stuff as come to mind from reading this thread,thanks everyone ;)

Jesus I'm getting all choked up here thinking back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I was in Fibbers on a Thursday night about three weeks ago.

The place has good energy... but that's only because it's full of 16 and 17 year olds who are excited to be out drinking. :)

sub-x wrote: »
    It was the only venue in Dublin that would allow you stage dive,seen a guy missing the crowd completely and bouncing off the floor,he was a bit dazy but still happy :D

Bwahah, was never that silly! The stage in Dorans was always good for diving too, sound out of there always was and still is pretty crap.
    Drank cider with Deicide outside the door before they played and then of course Tom Hayes Rock discos.Just a load of stuff as come to mind from reading this thread,thanks everyone ;)

Pretty sure we had a McGon's discussion not so long ago and Tommy himself was on. Guy was a hero at the time. :D
    Jesus I'm getting all choked up here thinking back :D

Bacardi and Listerine should sort ya out there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Jager contest eh?

Fibbers is three euro a drink tonight, lets do this :D

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I was in Fibbers on a Thursday night about three weeks ago.

The place has good energy... but that's only because it's full of 16 and 17 year olds who are excited to be out drinking. :)

Lol, about the only ones who aren't affected by the never disappearing smell of piss in the place! :)

Oooohhh, harsh... but fair.
    (got 3 of em in my freezer, standby is always a good thing!)
    Haha I'll hand it to you, you're good. You've a comeback to everything :D
    orestes wrote: »
    Jager contest eh?

Fibbers is three euro a drink tonight, lets do this :D
    Great idea....except it closes at 11:30pm tonight because it's Good Friday tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Haha I'll hand it to you, you're good. You've a comeback to everything :D

Male, Capricorn and stubborn. Born that way, raised to be worse! :)
    Great idea....except it closes at 11:30pm tonight because it's Good Friday tomorrow :(

I don't think the 3 euro per drink includes shots either.

Advertisement