Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers or Bruxelles?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Cathy666 wrote: »
    Great idea....except it closes at 11:30pm tonight because it's Good Friday tomorrow :(

Damn, next week it is so (and yes, I am serious folks :D)
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I don't think the 3 euro per drink includes shots either.

It defintely did last time I was there on a Wednesday or Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Male, Capricorn and stubborn. Born that way, raised to be worse! :)
    Female, Virgo and feisty. Born to be wild, to be quick or be dead, driving with wheels of fire on the highway to hell :P :cool: :D
    I'd doubt it

orestes wrote: »
    Damn, next week it is so (and yes, I am serious folks :D)

Cool, get organising so. In the meantime, Bruxelles on Saturday??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Today is Wednesday folks. Thurs is e3 drink night. :D

Think I'll be in Brux on Sat as ususal. We should have a boards Rock/Metal beers at some stage.

Passenger wrote: »

Think I'll be in Brux on Sat as ususal. We should have a boards Rock/Metal beers at some stage.

Oops :pac: Feels like Thursday for some reason :o
    Well it closes early TOMORROW for Good Friday.

Yeah defo. Wear name tags so we all know who's who :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Oh i'd be down with this! Especially with the Rock/Metal beers idea. :)
    Yeah defo. Wear name tags so we all know who's who :P

Both my tags are above my wrists in my avatar! I'm not hard to find. :D

Both my tags are above my wrists in my avatar! I'm not hard to find. :D

Depends whether or not you're wearing a long-sleeved top, doesn't it! :p

Name-tags were a joke by the way. I wouldn't be caught dead going around with a name tag.

Depends whether or not you're wearing a long-sleeved top, doesn't it! :p

Absolutely, but both those tattoos are relatively new, and strangly enough, i stopped wearing long sleeved tops around the time I got them. :D

And Bruxelles is too warm to wear a long sleeved top anyway! ;)
    Name-tags were a joke by the way. I wouldn't be caught dead going around with a name tag.

The way we're headed, we're gonna be bar-coded! Oh wait, this is Ireland, government doesn't give that much of a toss... oh well.

What?! I had started making mine already. Had glue and a tube a glitter out 'n all.:D

Absolutely, but both those tattoos are relatively new, and strangly enough, i stopped wearing long sleeved tops around the time I got them. :D

And Bruxelles is too warm to wear a long sleeved top anyway! ;)
    Ah touché. You're as bad as me. I always have to show my tattoos after I get them done. :D
    What?! I had started making mine already. Had glue and a tube a glitter out 'n all.:D
    Awww. Ok, you can wear yours so. At least we'll know who you are anyway gheyfight.gif :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It's 3 euro shots in fibbers alright. if you get a double drink then it'd be 6 euro etc. You don't pay for any minerals in spirits either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

malice_ wrote: »
    Just be thankful you have a choice of Rock/Metal locations. Here in Galway we have the scummy dive that is Sally Longs and not a whole lot else :(.

I'll never go again, surely us metal Galweegits could just take over a CLEAN pub, The Cellar metal night is just ok. The DJ has played some emo ****e which is unforgivable..

Why the hell did i go here tonight? I'm dressed as normal and i feel overdressed! Who let the dail in here tonight?!

Why the hell did i go here tonight? I'm dressed as normal and i feel overdressed! Who let the dail in here tonight?!

Sent this from boards mobile, home now and will reiterate.

Basically I went into Bruxelles and stayed from 7.30-10pm, did it intentionally because it's the closest i'll get to a quiet drink, good music and got to watch the Barca game. But i really had to pinch myself when i saw what was at the bar of the Flanders bar! White shirts, TUCKED INTO BLUE JEANS! lol

Not that there's anything wrong with this, i just felt like saying that they took a wrong turn and the Bailey was out, left and then right again! :confused:

I'd say it was mental in there by the time 11pm came along. Anyone else go tonight?

Aye, the bar was 5 or more deep. Absolutely rammed in there.

Aye, the bar was 5 or more deep. Absolutely rammed in there.

Typical post gig Bruxelles then. I remember last year after a gig (won't mention it as i'm not exactly sure who promoted it), it was dead til about 10.30, and then in the blink of an eye, a sea of black came flushing in.

Stumbled out of there around 1am that night, unsure of how i even got up the stairs. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

On a slightly related note for any Cork heads around here, Fred Zeppelins has been either as dead as Elvis or filled with a very weird crowd recently, that catch anyones attention?. ShawnRaven with his white shirts/blue jeans in Bruxelles put me thinking about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fibbers will be hopping on the 1st of May.

Good line up of bands playing. (Shameless advertising)

Cold Trigger - Death Metal/Core (Dunboyne)
    http://www.bebo.com/coldtrigger
    www.myspace.com/coldtriggermetal

Osmium - Death Metal (Dublin)
    http://www.bebo.com/osmium76
    http://www.myspace.com/osmium76

Skewered - Death/grindcore (Dublin)
    http://www.bebo.com/skeweredmetal
    www.myspace.com/skeweredmetal

Criminal Jammage - Death Thrash Face Core (Dublin)
    http://www.myspace.com/criminaljammage
    http://www.bebo.com/Criminal-Jammage

Mass Defect - Thrash/Melodic Death (Dublin)
    http://www.bebo.com/MassDefect

On a slightly related note for any Cork heads around here, Fred Zeppelins has been either as dead as Elvis or filled with a very weird crowd recently, that catch anyones attention?. ShawnRaven with his white shirts/blue jeans in Bruxelles put me thinking about it :)

The last time i was in Freds, it was dead and had this complete weirdo trying to get us to sit with him at the bar. That said, it was a wednesday night.

The last time i was in Freds, it was dead and had this complete weirdo trying to get us to sit with him at the bar. That said, it was a wednesday night.
    Wasn't by any chance an average sized bloke drinking draught Bulmers wearing either a Megadeth or Iron Maiden Piece of Mind hoody was it? :)

• Advertisement

Wasn't by any chance an average sized bloke drinking draught Bulmers wearing either a Megadeth or Iron Maiden Piece of Mind hoody was it? :)

Sounds like it alright. I was wearing an Affliction top and he asked me what band it was.

Sh*t man, please don't tell me that was you!

No No wasn't me at all.. haha nah that dudes cool, bit strange names Coxy, he's part of the furniture in freds at this stage..

I was most likely there actually now that you mention the Affliction shirt.. :)

No No wasn't me at all.. haha nah that dudes cool, bit strange names Coxy, he's part of the furniture in freds at this stage..

I was most likely there actually now that you mention the Affliction shirt.. :)

This was a few months back, nowadays the world and his wife has an affliction shirt :mad:

I know sure, thats why it would've caught me eye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Ah it's fibbers for me, Bruxies is full of middle aged men , far far too packed on the weekend, tiny smoking area and the music is far too loud everywhere at least in fibbers you can mic and match.

Plus DME are putting on alot of events in Fibbers with both big bands and local bands and the community in there gives savage support...so all round fibbers is far better.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Ah it's fibbers for me, Bruxies is full of middle aged men , far far too packed on the weekend, tiny smoking area and the music is far too loud everywhere at least in fibbers you can mic and match.

Hrm, last few times I was there the average age of people there were between 20-30. Last time i checked, that doesn't fall into the definition of middle age.

Of course, Fibbers is usually full of folk who got stopped at the door going into Bruxelles :pac: :D

I will agree about Bruxelles being too packed, although Fibbers can have it's moments, especially post gig night. Smoking area doesn't bother me in particular, never touched the things, never will.

As for the music being too loud? It's a f*cking rock bar! Rock and Metal was designed to be listened to two ways and two ways only, loud and live.

Maybe you do need the old mans pub full of "middle aged men" after all. ;) I recommend The Foggy Dew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Hrm, last few times I was there the average age of people there were between 20-30. Last time i checked, that doesn't fall into the definition of middle age.

Of course, Fibbers is usually full of folk who got stopped at the door going into Bruxelles :pac: :D

I will agree about Bruxelles being too packed, although Fibbers can have it's moments, especially post gig night. Smoking area doesn't bother me in particular, never touched the things, never will.

As for the music being too loud? It's a f*cking rock bar! Rock and Metal was designed to be listened to two ways and two ways only, loud and live.

Maybe you do need the old mans pub full of "middle aged men" after all. ;) I recommend The Foggy Dew!

Well being the drummer for a death metal band, I don't think my ears are that sensitive to loud music no...however I do like to have the choice when I'm just out and not gigging to chat with mates OR listen to loud music you don't get that in bruxies and alot of the music in there is loud but not at all heavy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Well being the drummer for a death metal band, I don't think my ears are that sensitive to loud music no...however I do like to have the choice when I'm just out and not gigging to chat with mates OR listen to loud music you don't get that in bruxies and alot of the music in there is loud but not at all heavy..

Last couple of times I was in Bruxies it was very indie type stuff they had playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That_Guy wrote: »
    Last couple of times I was in Bruxies it was very indie type stuff they had playing.

Same here. And kind of dead too. I just prefer Fibber's, it has a great atmosphere, love the place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Yeah I get what ya mean. We played a few gigs there recently enough and I thought it was a pretty strange crowd alright!

Advertisement