Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers or Bruxelles?

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I was just thinking thinking this myself, this dude sounds old.
    And nobody knows old, like I knows old. :D

I was thinking he had to be, at least, in his forties. He's only 22 according to his profile though :eek: Strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I just have some issues with space is all. I'm 6'5, so a packed Bruxelles is most unbecoming. They charge over a fiver for a pint too. Also I typed that with pre-exam stress. Ah sure. They are both dank, but you can have a laugh in Fibber's more, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I hear ya on the pre-exam stress. I have a practical on Sunday and a written one on monday and nearly resorted to a mass killing last night.

I think it's horses for courses at the end of the day. I can't for the life of me see me fitting into fibbers now. Probably cos i'm too f*ckin' old, but i've always liked Bruxelles. Just for the comfort factor that there isn't a constant reek of piss around the place. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Heard today from a reliable source that the metal bar is going from Bruxelles when they do it up. Dunno if it's definite or not as I've heard this a few times over the years, every time they've done it up, but if it's true, it's a shame. Bruxelles just need to realise that there's a recession on & start reducing the beer prices to win the drinkers back.

I went to The Hard Rock Cafe the other week with 2 mates for cocktails - €5 for most cocktails & €3 for pints, all night. Played decent background music - mostly rock & mainstream metal bands, but was a great old night. How can Bruxelles hope to compete with all the other pubs while they're still charging ridiculous prices for beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Heard today from a reliable source that the metal bar is going from Bruxelles when they do it up. Dunno if it's definite or not as I've heard this a few times over the years, every time they've done it up, but if it's true, it's a shame. Bruxelles just need to realise that there's a recession on & start reducing the beer prices to win the drinkers back.

Mmyep heard that too, don't like that news. Also heard that they're moving the bar back to the side and the (original placement) of the bar is going to be for gigs.....gigs? How the funk can you fit anyone in there?! :D

Been going to Brux for a good few years now and have to say I've grown to love it. They play the heavier stuff that I like (nothing better than p*ssing the Metallica and GnR's's heads than putting ten songs of Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse and Aborted on! :) ) Also mates used to play a game to see how far people would walk in to the pub realised they're in the wrong place and walk out again. Classic......ah maudlin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

Badkitty wrote: »
    So I'm a little of obsessed with Bruxelles - the rock bar that is although I'm not much of a metal head. The people and the atmosphere is beyond any other place I have drank and its become kind of like a second home.... and not just because I love rocker boys- the best kind of boy.

I don't like fibbers as much, then again I haven't spent as much time there. I don't mind the lack of live music in Bruxelles also the crowd seems a little older.

Should I give fibbers another chance?

ah cmon give fibz another chance

Played a gig in Fibbers a few weeks ago on a Saturday night and I quite liked it. Didn't see too many emos around but I heard from others that some nights you can't move for side fringes.

last time I was there hello jackie played and I didnt see a single side fringe in there

fobster wrote: »
    Hah ****ing lol!

well combed slick long hair
    clean clothes
    not crusty
    drinking coffee

You sure ya didn't wander into a gay bar by mistake!:pac:

But back to Brux vs. Fibbers, I've never been to Brux and I've only to Fibbers when a gig was on, but I find it to be grand. Miller is good and the blond behind the bar is quality too. It's really becoming the hub for any local metal gigs, and it looks like the management are trying their best to improve it.

managers trying to improve it??last time i was there in smoking area there was no roof and couches were outside so if it rained youd sit on a wet couch that will be rotting under your ass
    dont see how the **** is that improving it.I still love the place it might smell like piss but it has a good atmosphere

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

The smoking area in Fibz is actually alright now. All of it has a roof, and there's speakers with decent music and a proper decked out area that you can sit down in (with lights an' all!)

I couldn't see an emo anywhere. :pac:

Next thursday fer sure!
    Hard to believe:eek:

Ps: They're in the dark spots crying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement