Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhausts systems? how much? and worth it?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, got a little of a pickle in here. Mine ex mechanic, was an handless, headleas peon. And while fixing mine car he broke mine catalizator ( sorry for spelling dont know the correct way). so anyway Cat. will cost me about 600eu anyway for MB clk200 now.

So i thought maybe by putting it, i make a full Exhaust system upgrade?

so whats the deal with those full systems? so they still need cat.?

Is it worth it to do it? or i just better put cat. back and go on?

for any info i am greatfull. And sorry for spelling mistakes, i am non-irish lads. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yup, to pass an NCT, your car will need a cat.

you can get cat-back performance systems which replace the backbox and middle section of the system, but leave the downpipes and cat intact.

you can get a complete decat system, but as I mentioned- your car will fail its NCT on emissions.

Cat should cost your mechanic €600. not you. that's why you pay him. you could wreck your car yourself for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

colm_mcm wrote: »
    yup, to pass an NCT, your car will need a cat.

you can get cat-back performance systems which replace the backbox and middle section of the system, but leave the downpipes and cat intact.

you can get a complete decat system, but as I mentioned- your car will fail its NCT on emissions.

Cat should cost your mechanic €600. not you. that's why you pay him. you could wreck your car yourself for free.

Long story with that mechanic, i am happy just to get wrid of him....

so basicly, not much i can do, i will still need to get cat. I am not looking to get away cheaper, if full system will cost me about 1000eu ( withouth cat needed) or cat alone 600 its okay.

those cat back box systems are prety usless then? becouse you will put even 2 cats in to your car, it will even blunt your performance, if i understand correctly...

Advertisement