Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like an extra friend?

Options
13»

Comments

Sing up to one of those evangelical churches, they are always popular with the immigrants / folks new to the city.

OK i am being a bit mean on the evangelicals.

I do know how tough it is to break into cliques. I have moved a lot over the last few years and have had to find new people to call friends, more successfully in some places than others.

Now being back in Galway i still find it tough as all my school and college friends have moved on / settled down. This weekend I intend to go for a few social drinks with friends who have also moved back to Galway (a couple in the same predicament) and a couple of Kiwis I met while I lived in London who are here now. Anyone is welcome to join. I think we will be in Sheridans on the docks for a few, nothing crazy. Probably Friday night but not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

i'd like to know how lisa got in with this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

fatgav wrote: »
    i'd like to know how lisa got in with this thread

Well, I posted for her to pm me but she never did, so I assume she responded similarly to other posters who made the same offer; so i doubt she got on particularly well to be honest!!!

Not exactly too sure why you would post on here claiming to be lonely etc but then not do anything about it when people offer some help.

Maybe twas a vent of frustration post perhaps. Or maybe we smell and simply aren't good enough!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭balu

If you're interested in travelling you should give couchsurfing.com a try.

There are regular meetings: http://www.couchsurfing.com/group.html?gid=1222 so it's easy to meet new people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Sure did take guts.But everyone been there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

I would like to meet friends myself..I have just turned thirty.I dont know many people around town,anyone intersted in meeting up for a cuppa? Beer? I love cinema, music, intersting suff! hehe. :)

hi lisa id like to make friends too..dont know that many people around. u living int he city? paula

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

hi lisa id like to make friends too..dont know that many people around. u living int he city? paula

Talking to yourself wont help :D

what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

She posted over a year ago.

OK, yeah thats funny alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

hey moonandstars, dont give up just yet, try creating a similar thread as lisa used, she got plenty of offers, invites and suggestions to meet new people you will too :) good luck!!
    ;)

thanks alot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Pics?

Yes I look nice in them, thanks..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Talking to yourself wont help :D

LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

This discussion has been closed.