Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have my legs gone?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Since I got into cycling back in april my legs have become very skinny (also part of one hamstring went into replacing my acl back in december). While this is in some ways a good thing I need to bulk back up a bit for football. Currently 82kg but am aiming to push this up toward 90 over the winter.
    Is this a big ask while still putting in the miles on the bike. Are muscle gain and cycling mutually exclusive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I presume its like any sport, if you do long distances you'll lose weight, if you do short spins/sprints at higher intensity you may gain muscle.

The cycling sprinters tend to have more muscular legs; Mark Cavendish, Eric Zabel, Mario Cipollini etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah I'd agree with the above. Sprinters, running that is, are quite large and powerful. Whereas longer distance runners would be more lean to enable them to carry more distance. I presume it's the same in cycling.

Advertisement