Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows vista removal?

• 04-08-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

hi, i've got a new laptop that came with windows vista, and i'm looking to replace it with XP. Is there any easy way to do this? should i bother?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

depends on Make , Spec , and Driver availability .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 squirrel1970

go in to the make and spec of ur machine c if there is free drivers available for download i got 1 and was no free drivers but u might be lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 foggymaster

Yes you can, depends what software, drivers are installed on your system i converted my vista laptop to XP using a different XP recovery CD but i got lucky!!!!:D

"The Recovery CD Will adjust its setting and install driver for the machine it was intended to be used on"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Note:
    if you have vista business you can install XP pro instead with the same license
    if you have basic or premium then you have to get your own XP license and it can't be an OEM license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

just keep vista, it's fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Honestly I'd give Vista a trial period of 2 weeks before you decide you hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, seems like you've already decided against Vista without actually using it...
    Give it a go for a couple of weeks, you might actually grow to like it!:eek: (unless your laptop is a Celeron with <1GB ram...)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

lmao at how many people are getting rid of vista based on what they heard off the "tech guy" at work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i Agree , However , if the laptop is Sub spec , Ie , Single Core or less than 1 gig of ram , running Vista will be a pain , hell Running Xp sp3 on it will be a pain.
    Thats why i asked for specs and Make...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

True. But how many new laptops out there on todays market are still sub-vista standard? You'd have to be pretty cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement