Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have i done??

Options
  • 05-08-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

i was spinning along when pop ..water hose blew taught it was a rock at the time after banging the underside but no it was the hose. motor over heated and reckon i've f**ked the engine,as when i sorted the hose the coolent water now disappears out the exhaust,i'm thinking head gasket?? jeeps only worth most 2000euro is it worth fixing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭emaherx

Might be worth it if you do it yourself.
    Head gasket should not be very expensive, but the mechanic might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

i was spinning along when pop ..water hose blew taught it was a rock at the time after banging the underside but no it was the hose. motor over heated and reckon i've f**ked the engine,as when i sorted the hose the coolent water now disappears out the exhaust,i'm thinking head gasket?? jeeps only worth most 2000euro is it worth fixing??

What type of jeep is it tack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

foxhunter wrote: »
    What type of jeep is it tack?

2.5 pajero 92 reg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

2.5 pajero 92 reg

To be realistic its going to cost you at least a grand to fix and thats if there isn't any other problems found when it's stripped down.
    you would probably pick up a s/h engine complete for the same money.

Advertisement