Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan GT-R

Options
  • 05-08-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks its pig ugly? None of the magazines seem to moan about its looks. I was at the London motorshow and although the car is raised off the ground, it didnt impress me 1 bit. See attached.

Ive thrown in my favourite looking cars from the show as well for the hell of it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

To motors..

I don't think it's ugly at all?
    like the 350z, which I think is gorgeous so..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

I think it looks quite good actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Funk. Apologies. Its late. Put in wrong forum. Mods, please move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That F40 is absolutely gobsmacking, perfect condition ad all.Probably in a garage, under a cover for 20 years:rolleyes:.Wish i was there...
    I quite like the GTR too, i have to say.By no means a masterpiece, though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Mods, please move.
    Way ahead of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ClioV6 wrote: »
    To motors..

I don't think it's ugly at all?
    like the 350z, which I think is gorgeous so..

+1

You're a fast mover Almighty cushion!

I think the 350Z looks brill alright. Imagine turning up in Tescos in the F40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Hell of a lot better looking than that 5 door Focus you have in that lot, RS or not! It's not supposed to be a good looking car though, so it's no big deal if you find it ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Imagine turning up in Tescos in the F40.
    You couldnt.I doubt any supercar would get over the speed bumps in my local tescos.The local boyracers have enough trouble anyway!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

My cousin in the US (19 or 20) has a 350z...the bastard! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I like it,,! :cool:

Did you manage to get any decent shots of the Insignia to post up for us ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

While I wouldn't consider it beautiful I do like the look of the GT-R, kind of looks like a machete. I really like its lines, very crisp and clean. I certainly consider it better looking than the Focus ST (or was it the RS), OPC or the new Europa.

Biro wrote: »
    Hell of a lot better looking than that 5 door Focus you have in that lot, RS or not! It's not supposed to be a good looking car though, so it's no big deal if you find it ugly!

Yes, its a controversial opinion alright. I was having a light hearted argument about which was nicer, that ST of the new green RS with the lad I went over with. He voted RS, I voted ST!

vectra wrote: »
    I like it,,! :cool:

Did you manage to get any decent shots of the Insignia to post up for us ?? :D

Just the 1 im afraid. See attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Thanks.
    Nice,,(ish) but would have to see it in the flesh.. Not sure I like the way the back is sloping so much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Saw one of these near Croke Park two weeks ago, stunning car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

like the op , i really really tried to like this but its not a pretty car, its just looks like a souless car no character whatsoever, though it might be a different story driving it but it doesnt look good at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Was just about to post this then I saw your thread....

Is there an GTR in Ireland, I'm about 75% certain I saw one about 1pm today (thats 1pm Monday 4th...I'm on nightshift) coming onto the M1 at the port tunnel, it was black, looked brand new and had a small white square-ish reg plate with black lettering on the back.

It was flying whatever it was.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

There's 2, at least, a black one that you seen and a silver one.

EDIT: Ugly, i'm not sure but it's not a thing of beauty anyway - we'll leave that to the Italians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

lafors wrote: »
    Was just about to post this then I saw your thread....

Is there an GTR in Ireland, I'm about 75% certain I saw one about 1pm today (thats 1pm Monday 4th...I'm on nightshift) coming onto the M1 at the port tunnel, it was black, looked brand new and had a small white square-ish reg plate with black lettering on the back.

It was flying whatever it was.

Anyone?

Saw that one in Howth on Sunday. I think it belongs to performance motors or one of those dealers on the Naas/Longmile road.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its not a beautiful car but I still think the looks suit the whole GT-R image. The R34 skyline GT-R's weren't pretty cars either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Yeah there is at least three. They all seem to be in or around North County Dublin . You will often see a black one (registered), midnight grey (registered) and a silver one (unregistered - trade plates in the back) around the Howth and Skerries area.

I would say because those pictures have the car risen isnt helping the car but in the flesh they are much closer to the road and look at lot better. Much bigger than you would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Its what is on the inside that counts don't you know:p

I actually like how it looks, not as massive as it looks by pictures or on tv either, but what is on the inside or under the bonnet to be more precise is absolute heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

Saw one in Tokyo last November in the Nissan showroom thing in Ginza - thought it was fairly underwhelming, assumed it was a fairly mid-market car. I saw one the other day parked by the Rotunda, I wouldn't say it's ugly but there's nothing supercar-y about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

spav wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's ugly but there's nothing supercar-y about it.

That's one of the things I like most about it. It not all flash like a Zonda or a Murcelagio. It's a real wolf in sheeps clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

The 911 turbo porsche doesnt look like a supercar either, never mind the run of the mill looking rs4/rs6 and m3/m5. Isint the GTR aimed at the m3/rs4 price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    That's one of the things I like most about it. It not all flash like a Zonda or a Murcelagio. It's a real wolf in sheeps clothing.

+1 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

cpoh1 wrote: »
    The 911 turbo porsche doesnt look like a supercar either, never mind the run of the mill looking rs4/rs6 and m3/m5. Isint the GTR aimed at the m3/rs4 price range?
    No, it's definitely a cut above that. Over here, they start in the $70k range... 911, viper and high-end corvette territory. The M3's about $50k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

My cousin in the US (19 or 20) has a 350z...the bastard! :(
    They're quite common over here.

Advertisement