Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan GT-R

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Well it is a supercar really, its class above the 911's and m3's etc, remeber it on TopGear is up with the Carrera GT and is only 1 second slower than the Carrera GT on the Nurburgring:eek:

Anyways its a pointless subject as looks are purely a matter of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Balfa wrote: »
    No, it's definitely a cut above that. Over here, they start in the $70k range... 911, viper and high-end corvette territory. The M3's about $50k.

Lucky bastids! What's it like to insurance something like a 911TT or an M3in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Lucky bastids! What's it like to insurance something like a 911TT or an M3in the US?

Ha, no idea. One funny thing is that when I changed from my 2002 Hyundai Accent 1.6 to a 2005 BMW 325i, my insurance went DOWN by $0.18/yr :)

Hmm, I just looked up progressive.com and at the bare minimum, an M3 would cost under $400 a year to insure. It would vary a lot from state to state, based on legal requirements of the policy. Minimum comprehensive would be under $3k a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ha, no idea. One funny thing is that when I changed from my 2002 Hyundai Accent 1.6 to a 2005 BMW 325i, my insurance went DOWN by $0.18/yr :)

Hmm, I just looked up progressive.com and at the bare minimum, an M3 would cost under $400 a year to insure. It would vary a lot from state to state, based on legal requirements of the policy. Minimum comprehensive would be under $3k a year.

Just had a look at progressive.com, 23 and on a foreign license I got a quote of $531 for a mark VI Gti, $1,400 for an M3 and $4,400 for a 911C2. Crikey - I'm moving to the US!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

They're quite common over here.

agreed, u wouldnt turn ur head at one now, which is kinda sad when theirs so many nice cars it makes it harder to stand out of the crowd

• Advertisement
Advertisement