Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bottom of the hill reopening???

• 05-08-2008 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

noticed the bottom of the hill pub in finglas has been painted recently and wondering does anyone know if its being reopened after nearly a year of closure!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I heard it will be re-opening.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Frank Gleeson is renting it out to a few guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

They must've got the drainage issue sorted, or was that the reason for closing? Can't remember

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i thought it was closed because the owner couldnt handle all the trouble anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Apparently it's reopening this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

im moving back into charlestown. myself and my girlfriend were only talking of pubs we had to avoid now we're back in the area. thanks for the heads up

another reason to go vote for the autobahn

Should mean most of the other pubs will lose a few scumbags. Think Frank closed it because he planned to redevelop it, he got planning permission for it I think. Perhaps with the property and finance markets the way they are it didn't make sense to go ahead with knocking it down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A lot of the older pubs in Dublin are listed buildings, are you sure the Bottom isn't one of them? Cos I know the Shanty in Mulhuddart is and thats a ****hole!!

A lot of the older pubs in Dublin are listed buildings, are you sure the Bottom isn't one of them? Cos I know the Shanty in Mulhuddart is and thats a ****hole!!

This is the planning application:

Demolition of existing 2 storey bar & restaurant building to facilitate a new commercial / residential mixed use development, consisting of a 6 storey over basement structure containing medical centre on fourth and fifth floors over 39 no. single level apartments on three storeys consisting of 26 no. 2 bed, 8 no. 1 bed and 5 no. 3 bed dwellings, over 2 no. ground floor retail units, bar / restaurant and bookmakers, with pedestrian entrances at Main Street and Ballygall Road, over basement car parking on two levels providing a total of 116 spaces accessed by vehicular entrance ramp from the main street, all with balconies and roof gardens facing all balconies, ancillary works associated services and landscaping, adjacent to a protected structure in the Dublin City Development Plan 2005 - 2011.

It was granted subject to nine conditions

Doesn't seem to have many fans anyhow ;)
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3842232670

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

i see its open (well the bar part of it anyhow)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It was closed with a view to being knocked down and re-built (with apartments above etc.).

It looks like the owner has decided it wasn't going to be a profitable venture and has instead given the place a lick of paint and reopened it.

How long does planning permission last for before it has to be applied for again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I don't think it does expire,
    I remember seeing that an option for Liberty Hall's redevelopment was that if they were refused permission for a new design, they had the option of rebuilding to the originally permitted spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Why is this in the Dublin City forum??? Finglas can never be considered the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Because it's not the Dublin City Centre forum! Okay? :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

esel wrote: »
    Because it's not the Dublin City Centre forum! Okay? :rolleyes:

5 years for pp, he has time to see how it goes.... and develop it.

i thought this commerical tax relief or something in the budget was supposed to help these sort projects, but they seem to be dropping like flies.

flogen wrote: »
    How long does planning permission last for before it has to be applied for again?

usually it lasts for 5 years.

Oh Ian, finglas is not Dublin County either, so are you suggesting we get our own forum?

usually it lasts for 5 years.

Oh Ian, finglas is not Dublin County either, so are you suggesting we get our own forum?

You lot aren't estate agents are you? Finglas in Dublin City!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

backboiler wrote: »

It's a shame "That's Life" isn't still on t.v. cos that's the singlemost ridiculour government publication I've ever seen!!

Terenure on one end (45min walk from Stephen's Green - I know, I live there) to Ballymun on the other!!

Someone in the corpo press is a Northsider!!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'm guessing outside those areas it's Fingal, South Dublin, or Dun Laoighre/Rathdown CC?

• Advertisement

Igy wrote: »
    I'm guessing outside those areas it's Fingal, South Dublin, or Dun Laoighre/Rathdown CC?

yeah, finglas is under Dublin City Council

Advertisement