Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw - 4/8 (Spoilers)

• 05-08-2008 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Adamle, what a legend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

amacachi wrote: »
    Adamle, what a legend.

Ha, coming out and having to read his lines off a sheet of paper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I for one thought Adamle did a far superior job to the one I was expecting.

Even if he was rigidly reading lines he did a decent job of it.

Cena/Batista :rolleyes:
    Santino/Beth :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cena/Batista :rolleyes: How many times have we seen this angle, we only got over one with MVP and Matt Hardy.

Beth/Santino :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Don't like it/Andy Little Britain

Santino for women's champion!! :D

Is it just me or does he have a different accent every week?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I found most of the show enjoyable for no real reason I can put my finger on.

Adamle wasn't too bad, wonder how many more "Adamle originals" we'll have in the next few weeks.

In all honesty, what dirt does JBL have on Vince to get in the main event picture?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Very fast paced show.

Got to love Adamle reading from a script at the opening of the show.

I hope that go nowhere Kane is finished.

The tag partners who dont get along gimmick is SO over done.

For the lazy people
    FREE TODAY: August 5 Bryan & Vinny Show~!
    It's the FREE Tuesday Bryan & Vinny Show~! We're back tonight to talk a fun edition of Raw with a major title change and the build to several new matches at SummerSlam. We've also got coverage of Sunday night's excellent WEC show, which is a must see, plus new songs and shout-outs! Best of all it's FREE, so please post the link or file elsewhere and help spread the word about figurefouronline.com~!

http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/080508bvshow.mp3

Skip to 24 min or so mark if you arent a MMA fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Am i the only person not interested in a Cena/Batista feud or match :mad:

I cant believe they took the tag titles from Team Priceless Rhodes :mad:

CM Punk / Jericho would be better than JBL / CM Punk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

JP Liz wrote: »
    Am i the only person not interested in a Cena/Batista feud or match :mad:

No in fact if you read this thread (or any other) not one person said they are looking forward to it.

So the 2 main events at Summerslam the 2nd biggest PPV in the WWE are going to be Punk Vs JBL and HHH Vs Great Khali, what..... the...... hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    No in fact if you read this thread (or any other) not one person said they are looking forward to it.

So the 2 main events at Summerslam the 2nd biggest PPV in the WWE are going to be Punk Vs JBL and HHH Vs Great Khali, what..... the...... hell.

I'd imagine Hell in a Cell and Cena/Batista will be the main selling points. They don't need to waste money title matches when they can sell the PPV of those other bouts.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd imagine Hell in a Cell and Cena/Batista will be the main selling points. They don't need to waste money title matches when they can sell the PPV of those other bouts.

And the Summerslam brand name. Personally Im looking forward to Cena and Batista the crowd alone should make it great. Recent years Summerslams havent been top to bottom great either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What's going to headline the event though? Is it going to be traditional with the title matches headlining or will it be sensible and will the card go down from Batista Cena, Edge Taker, Punk JBL etc?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    What's going to headline the event though? Is it going to be traditional with the title matches headlining or will it be sensible and will the card go down from Batista Cena, Edge Taker, Punk JBL etc?

Hell In The Cell of course. Im shocked someone would ask that.

rovert wrote: »
    Hell In The Cell of course. Im shocked someone would ask that.

Why? Wrestlemania X8 had a womens match and Jericho vs. Triple H above The Rock vs. Hogan. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened

Why? Wrestlemania X8 had a womens match and Jericho vs. Triple H above The Rock vs. Hogan. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened

:rolleyes:
    Hell In The Cell of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was an ok Raw. I was a bit tired watching it and I forget bits now. I don't know what to make of Adamle yet

I'm looking forward to Cena vs Batista but I'd prefer a bit more buildup to it. I think they'll still do the match at Wrestlemania

I hope Kane has a snake in his bag. Or a death certificate, to confirm that "he" is dead

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Cena vs Batista but I'd prefer a bit more buildup to it. I think they'll still do the match at Wrestlemania

Bryan Alverez made a really good observation about Cena's promo which is that given the content of it and all the mentions of Wrestlemanias past in it this REALLY should have taken this place at Wrestlemania.The fact it was a promo for Summerslam was quite jarring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I really thought that Batista -v- Cena would be a Wrestlemania main event.
    I can honestly say that the match will be a disappointment unless a new angle or unpredictable finish is made out of it.

Triple threat for World Heavyweight title at Summerslam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

why would anyone want to see cena or batista :/

DRakE wrote: »
    why would anyone want to see cena or batista :/

It'll be entertaining

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I really thought that Batista -v- Cena would be a Wrestlemania main event.
    I can honestly say that the match will be a disappointment unless a new angle or unpredictable finish is made out of it.

it will be a WM main-event, new angle or unpredictable finish eh? how about Ortons return to help Batista and in doing so form The Evolved (evolution reborn).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

And the Summerslam brand name. Personally Im looking forward to Cena and Batista the crowd alone should make it great. Recent years Summerslams havent been top to bottom great either.

I agree, looking at the other matches for Sslam, this is the only one which has any chance of being interesting.
    And before i start getting the grade A Smarks saying "Cena can't wrestle!" or "Batista can't wrestle!" - I know, and i take that into consideration, but these two being put over so heavily in recent years and has to be two of the most contraversial wrestlers of all time, has, in my mind, made this the 2nd best on the card, next to HBK/Y2J. :)

And we kinda have no choice about it anyway, you know its going to healine 'Maina with one of them as champ.

I agree, looking at the other matches for Sslam, this is the only one which has any chance of being interesting.
    And before i start getting the grade A Smarks saying "Cena can't wrestle!" or "Batista can't wrestle!" - I know, and i take that into consideration, but these two being put over so heavily in recent years and has to be two of the most contraversial wrestlers of all time, has, in my mind, made this the 2nd best on the card, next to HBK/Y2J. :)

Shawn and Jericho aren't wrestling at Summerslam, Shawn will just be there to cut a promo about whether he can wrestle again or if he's retiring. It'll probably turn out great anyway, but they won't be having a match

Do you not think that the Hell in a Cell match will be interesting? I've got high hopes for it

Aside from the dud Khali match which will hopefully be short, I have high hopes for this PPV. Really looking forward to Batista vs. Cena. Cena should be able to carry Batista to a match and the crowd will be red hot. Hell in a Cell has the potential to be great. The promo on Friday was top class. Beth and Santino's match could be very very funny. And assuming that it makes the card, Kennedy Shelton has potential

Kennedy Shelton

I didn't hear about this match. I wouldn't have high hopes for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I want to see Beth and Santino win, only for Santino to claim the Womens' title and Beth the IC. I'd mark hard for Santino playing a 2008 Andy Kauffmann.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just watched it now. Didn't really rate it too highly. I don't like Adamle or his cheap heat. Punk jobs again. :rolleyes:

On a positive note I liked the Santino/Beth stuff and I have to say the crowd was fantastic. Anyone know where in the US they were?

As for the Batista/Cena feud, I'd enjoy it if it was built well. This to me though is a babyface feud thrown together way too quickly, much like Cena/Lashley last year. This feud could be a lot bigger.

Just watched it now. Didn't really rate it too highly. I don't like Adamle or his cheap heat. Punk jobs again. :rolleyes:

On a positive note I liked the Santino/Beth stuff and I have to say the crowd was fantastic. Anyone know where in the US they were?

As for the Batista/Cena feud, I'd enjoy it if it was built well. This to me though is a babyface feud thrown together way too quickly, much like Cena/Lashley last year. This feud could be a lot bigger.

Knoxville, Tennessee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Recent years Summerslams havent been top to bottom great either.

i thought last years SS was awful apart from the cena/orton main event

this weeks raw was quite good, some solid matches apart from the kane squash, some really good promos, not sure where they are going by putting the tag belts on cena/batista though other than having rhodes/dibiase do a run in at SS

• Advertisement

I don't like Adamle or his cheap heat. Punk jobs again. :rolleyes:

You are totally clueless on both parts.

Its got to be Hell in a Cell i think

Jericho stick to wrestling tights

Mickie James yellow is an unflattering colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

JP Liz wrote: »
    Jericho stick to wrestling tights

Mickie James yellow is an unflattering colour
    I thought Mickie looked great. The bright colours suit her character, too.

I don't get Adamle. Last week he was a heel, this week he's getting friendly with Kelly Kelly, a top female face.

I don't get Adamle. Last week he was a heel

I wouldnt say that now, he was more of the geek you wouldnt like to beside in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I like not knowing where this is going. It adds intrigue, yet isn't a blatent soap opera angle (vince's death/vince's child).

• Advertisement

I like not knowing where this is going. It adds intrigue, yet isn't a blatent soap opera angle (vince's death/vince's child).

The Observer (please note this maybe TOTAL spin by Vince McMahon trying to justifing Adamle's continued employment and deicision made resulting from that) says that Vince McMahon said he sees ALOT of Eric Bischoff in Adamle as a smarmy GM. That would likely indicate he will be going heel eventually.

Advertisement