Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router - increasing wireless internet speed

Options
  • 05-08-2008 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I have NTL 20Mb broadband and the Netgear WGR614 Wireless router. According to speedtest.com, my download speed is 16mb/s when using the ethernet cable (connected computer directly to modem). However, this decreases to 6mb/s when using the wireless router. Is there anything I can do to increase the wireless speed?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pehaps signal strenght is an issue, move you router closer to you pc/laptop?
    Failing that either get a directional attena or get 802.11n

Just my 2cents

Moving from Broadband to wireless

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What's your set up? Is the wireless card 'b' or 'g' that you are using? Have you tried a different wireless channel or checked if there are any other networks nearby?

Advertisement