Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corluka to Spurs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Thank You Ronan. And as for this guy thinking my post was unecessary, does my little smiley face that I included not add a touch of jest, ie, I was having a laugh. My god, these city fans are touchy. Im not writing in this thread again just in case he decides to tell my folks and I get grounded !! :pac:

PM sent to folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Spurs closing on Corluka -City defender strongly linked with capital switch. Full story here http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3946666,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just to give you the latest update from the City end, story is that Hughes and Corluka both don't want this deal to go ahead. However apparently we are skint and are struggling to make the payments for the 8 players we bought last summer. Our new chief executive Gary Cook was unaware of this problem, hence the purchase of Ben Haim and now we are forced to sell in order to make our payments.

Hughes has apparently threatened to walk if Corluka is sold and the player himself is more than happy at the club. If this deal does happen then it won't be because the player and manager want it to take place, it will be because those higher up the food chain have said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just to give you the latest update from the City end, story is that Hughes and Corluka both don't want this deal to go ahead. However apparently we are skint and are struggling to make the payments for the 8 players we bought last summer. Our new chief executive Gary Cook was unaware of this problem, hence the purchase of Ben Haim and now we are forced to sell in order to make our payments.

Hughes has apparently threatened to walk if Corluka is sold and the player himself is more than happy at the club. If this deal does happen then it won't be because the player and manager want it to take place, it will be because those higher up the food chain have said so.

Tallies with what I've seen this evening.

One thing though Xavi, there's nothing to stop Corluka saying "I'm not going anywhere", he has a contract I presume? I'm not saying he's asked for a move, but he could put his foot down and force Frank's hand.

Yeah he's on a five year deal as far as I know.

I've no idea why he wouldn't say that. Sinking ship and all that I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Just goes to show the different information available online. One of our most respected ITK's has stated that he's having the second part of his medical today and that he's excited about the move. It's also apparently too late for any blocks, so it could be announced today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

SuprSi wrote: »
    Just goes to show the different information available online. One of our most respected ITK's has stated that he's having the second part of his medical today and that he's excited about the move. It's also apparently too late for any blocks, so it could be announced today.

Makes me wonder though, if he doesn't want to come and isn't that motivated to move - do we want him.

On the contract front, yes surly if he has a contract and does not want to move, end of, he doesn't have to - It is not like the other way round when a player wants to leave - he can sulk, play badly etc - what will the City board do, sulk..........:p

I've seen BEN's posts today, and I know the fella personally, but of the two accounts the Citeh one is more believable.

IMHO.

BEN says deal is done.

Saw that - good news!! :D

• Advertisement

Just to let you know, Corluka is nowhere to be seen in the City sqaud for today's friendly with AC Milan. Looks like the deal's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

if this is true he will be a good signing for us.Hughes must not be happy he has not stepped into the job he thought he was getting me thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Not done yet
    SkySports wrote:
    The Croatia international was left out of City's squad for their pre-season friendly against AC Milan amid reports he was in talks with Spurs over a proposed switch to White Hart Lane.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos is in need of defensive reinforcements following the departure of Pascal Chimbonda to Sunderland.

And while Hughes confirmed that contact had been made over the full-back's services, he insisted a deal was still to be concluded.
    Concluded

Hughes told a press conference: "The situation is that Spurs are interested but the deal has not been done.

"If the deal does not feel right then it will not be done.

"He's not with us at the moment, but I don't want to go into details. If something happens in that respect, you'll be the first to know.

"I don't like talking about any prospective business that is being done, whether or not it is likely or not, until it is actually done.

"Once deals are concluded, if they are to be finalised, then I'll discuss them."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

B-b-b-but we finished above you, or does that not matter?

Eh..no
    Woodgate2502_468x371.jpg

Corluka has headed back to City, according to BEN. Some hassle over the transfer, despite everything having been agreed (contracts signed/fees/etc) so nobody seems to know what's going to happen next.

And he's staying - officially.........

here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jolville

And he's staying - officially.........

here

According to Sky Sports News a few minutes, his agent has said that Corluka wants to leave and is looking forward to resuming his career at Tottenham :D

Off and on like a ****** knickers ;)

If it's on the official City site then I'd tend to believe it. It's an absolutely shocking site for news as they only ever stick up stuff that's 100% set in stone.

Fantastic news if true, though Highes could still walk over the whole saga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

If it's on the official City site then I'd tend to believe it. It's an absolutely shocking site for news as they only ever stick up stuff that's 100% set in stone.

Fantastic news if true, though Highes could still walk over the whole saga.

Highes might walk but i reckon Hughes will stay!!!

Damn pedants. I thought you'd be too busy thinking of a new user name to notice! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Damn pedants. I thought you'd be too busy thinking of a new user name to notice! :p

Even though we all think the Berb is going , wouldn't surprise me of late with the results in pre season were having if the Berb turned around and said to himself that maybe he was being a bit hasty in leaving esp after our 5-0 demolition of Roma yday. He'd warm the bench a bit for Man U and i'm sure he knows that!...i'd flog him abroad ..sell him to anyone but united even if it means taking a hit to the bottom line.

Agree with you there. I had the same sentiments when we were selling SWP. At the end of the day, even Chelsea is a better alternative to United!

Good chance this Corluka thing may end up in court.

BEN said on Saturday that all paperwork had been signed and sealed, medical done, so a work permit was all that was outstanding. If that is the case I think Citeh are on shaky ground re. pulling out of deal.

I also heard this morning that the BBC are reporting an arrest warrent has been issued for Shinawatra in Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I also heard this morning that the BBC are reporting an arrest warrent has been issued for Shinawatra in Thailand.

I'd say sh*t will hit the fan bigtime at city now. Don't know full in's and out's here but he's facing corruption charges in his homeland country and I was just thinking could it be a possiblity that the Thai courts will order an international freeze on all his assets. If so then where would that leave city ?

And from our perspective what happens with the Corluka deal ?

Advertisement