Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh 09

Options
  • 05-08-2008 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

There'a a rumour going round that it's going to be in Tullamore for a 3rd year in a row....anyone know how true this is!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

I've heard the fleadh are usually held in 3 year cycles, but i don't know ... be cool if it was going to be held again!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

yep it is coming back next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭c7

Depends on funding and stuff apparently. I think I read in one of the local papers that the local authorities can't afford to fund it next year!

Although I'm not sure where this "Fleadh" everyone's talking about is this year... Stupid rain!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

The location for next years Fleadh will not be decided for another number of weeks. I like to see tullamore get it one more time but it might be subject to objections from other towns as it brings alot to the local community business wise. It is a huge expense to the council and the guards but I think its worth it. Both are tax funded organisations so if the people want it let the people have it. This year appeared to have a bigger crowd than last year and the craic on the street was great.

Advertisement