Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox warranty

• 05-08-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

How does the warranty work?

I know when you buy a new xbox you are covered against everything for 1 year and the RROD for 3 years. I had a replacement sent out to me a few weeks ago for the RROD. When playing Bioshock this week I noticed that on 1 particular level the graphics would get very strange. The screen would start blinking different colours making the level almost unplayable. The strange thing is it only happens on this 1 level and no where else in the game. So I'm guessing I might have a dodgy graphics chip problem as all the cables and settings are correct. Does the replacement xbox automatically get a new 1 year warranty as this wouldn't be RROD problem and I would have bought the original xbox well over 1 year ago?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

would the fact that it only occurs on one level of one game not suggest that it's a problem with the game/disk? Or was it ok on your original box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

tbh wrote: »
    would the fact that it only occurs on one level of one game not suggest that it's a problem with the game/disk? Or was it ok on your original box?

It was perfectly fine on the last xbox. Doesn't make sense that it only happens on this 1 level. I loaded it twice to make sure and the problem persisted. I'll check it again tonight. But if there is a graphics chips problem would I be covered under warranty?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hey, believe it or not when I was playing this game too the exzact same thing happened me. sometimes it would all gofunny the colours and that. it hougth it was my tv acting up. and the only way I could get it back to normal was to reload the last save and it would go back to normal, and wouldn't happen in the last place it happened.
    Now that I see your post I think it must be a bug in the game when certain things happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Lenny wrote: »
    Hey, believe it or not when I was playing this game too the exzact same thing happened me. sometimes it would all gofunny the colours and that. it hougth it was my tv acting up. and the only way I could get it back to normal was to reload the last save and it would go back to normal, and wouldn't happen in the last place it happened.
    Now that I see your post I think it must be a bug in the game when certain things happen

That's good to know. Thought the box was going funny on me, must be a bug in the game!

Advertisement