Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windsrceen Cover- Does it affect NCB?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭

Hit a pigeon on my way to work this morning, windscreen will need to be replaced today. I have a fully comp policy with AXA with NCB protection but I am just wondering if there is anything in the small print that will catch me out if I do claim from them for it?

I rang the broker this morning and they said I should be fine but I just wanted to get it from a boardsie who has had a similar experience.

Oh yeah, multiple pigeons are going to feel the pain tonight from the business end of my rifle.:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It shouldn't affect your NCB, but best check with AXA exactly what, if anything, will be on next year's NCB certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally either one claim a year or a number of claims up to a certain (low enough) value are allowed without any affect to your NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

MYOB wrote: »
    Generally either one claim a year or a number of claims up to a certain (low enough) value are allowed without any affect to your NCB.

That's different to windscreen cover. Small claims may not affect your premium with your current insurer, but it may be hard to move to a different company as your protected NCB will probably only be valid with your current insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

eoin_s wrote: »
    That's different to windscreen cover. Small claims may not affect your premium with your current insurer, but it may be hard to move to a different company as your protected NCB will probably only be valid with your current insurer.

I was talking about windscreen cover! Generally insurers won't cover 3 or 4 breaks a year, only one (or a few cheap ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Rang the broker back again having gotten recorded messages this morning, got a guarantee that it will not affect my NCB so I'm happy enough with that.

Now to buy some birdseed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement