Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone and Broadband........wats the best???

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi im new to this forum so please bear with me....................I have an Eircom account with home phone and broadband. I want to see if there is anything out there cheaper and as efficient as Eircom. It is a great service but its also very expensive compared to Perlico and BT, but reading thru some of the post on this forum would I be mad to change over to Perlico or BT. Would the service with either of these 2 providers compare with Eircom, even though they are that little bit cheaper.....................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Digiweb metro has good speeds. U could use voIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

barnicles hes looking for a package with phone + dsl included, but for a cheaper reseller...

It really depends on what your after OP, are you a heavy downloader? What will you be using your connection for etc.

BT are indeed cheaper than eircom, but they have some billing problems, although the majority are quiet happy. I would probably recommend them over the others, however perlico was recently bought out by vodafone and if your a light internet user, they would very much be your best bet for cheapness, there service is pretty good too!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

UTV are pretty ok and they provide a unlimited option for 5e extra a month, www.u.tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pickles1992

yeah Perlico was the one that appealed to me, however, there's a lot of negative reviews bout it too!!!!!!!!!!Im only a light internet user, and what I have is a great service............wats the problem with BT billing?????!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

your dramatic approach in your posts is quiet amusing,
    if your only a light internet user go for artist formally known as perlico 1mb + phonepackage, cheak as f00k, cant go wrong.

• Advertisement

wat u mean by my dramatic approach in my posts??

Cheers for the info anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

wat u mean by my dramatic approach in my posts??

May be referring to the number of exclamation and question marks, normally one or two is enough, three if you're feeling particularly aggrieved ;)

My two cents, I think you're going to get a better deal where ever you go. As for the level of service, not sure - each operator has their own issues I think, best thing to do is peruse the forum and get an idea for yourself.

Thanks Cyburger........I'm new to this forum. I am a bit ott with my !!!! however, I will make sure that I curb them now that I know what I should be doing.
    As for my Broadband question, again thanks for the information. I will read thru the other posts and see what I come up with. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I'd recommend UPC. 3MB Broadband and Phoneline for €30 per month. None too shabby.

Is UPC broadband thru NTL?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

BT are cheaper and their service is good, once you don't have billing issues with them and then they are a nightmare!

Whats the problem with their billing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

They get your bill amount incorrect, they take payment on a date that suits them, they have woeful CS and many, many more issues.

NTL is UPC

MC
    Whats the problem with their billing?

oh well that doesnt sound too good then. Its a pity if the service is good that these things let it down. Ive SKY TV so UPC is out..........thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Ive SKY TV so UPC is out..........thanks for the info :)
    You can still get UPC in, but just not get TV from them - €36 per month will get you 3Mb broadband and phone sevice only. You do have to be in a broadband/phone enabled area though (and seemingly just because you can get broadband from them doesn't mean you can get phone too :confused:). If you give them a ring they should be able to tell you.

Failing that, if you're living in a smart telecom area, for €40 per month you get 4Mb broadband and phone service.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Another thumbs up for Perlico. My gf's with them and she's getting charged in the high thirty's each month for pay as you use type BB, phone rental and calls. Considering she occasionally calls Aus on a card and me on the mobile, it's very decent.

Cheers Kensington, that doesnt sound too bad, I didnt research them because Ive SKY, but I will certainly give them a buzz.

Delorian wrote: »
    Another thumbs up for Perlico. My gf's with them and she's getting charged in the high thirty's each month for pay as you use type BB, phone rental and calls. Considering she occasionally calls Aus on a card and me on the mobile, it's very decent.[/quot

Its so flipping confusing......................but thanks for all your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 napoleonik111

Hi im new to this forum so please bear with me....................I have an Eircom account with home phone and broadband. I want to see if there is anything out there cheaper and as efficient as Eircom. It is a great service but its also very expensive compared to Perlico and BT, but reading thru some of the post on this forum would I be mad to change over to Perlico or BT. Would the service with either of these 2 providers compare with Eircom, even though they are that little bit cheaper.....................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOD: SPAMMER TXT REMOVED

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭shalom

Does anyone use a Talk Talk package? I am with Eircom for Broadband 2MB. And with talktalk for phone calls but am thinking of changing to Talktalk for both broadband and phone. Anyone got any experience? thanks

• Advertisement

Hm...I think I can help you to reduce your phone and internet bills.
    Firstly let's think this way. If want to have telephone service - landline, you do not have to pay for it. It is better and cheaper to have only internet service and than install voip (voice over internet protocol) gateway or ip phone. Ip phone could give you access to incoming and outgoing landline call for free. So just pay for internet. Pick good provider, maybe UPC - they offer now very fast internet, no usage limits for just 36 euro. Than ask me to do installation of IP Phone with some software to give you both servicess at just one price...
    I installed ip phone in my house and I love it. I can call to most european countries for free. Quality is great too.
    Any questions:
    zapartmarcin@yahoo.com

Well tanx for the offer and I will certainly keep you in mind if I ever get my head around this whole broadband and phone mullarky..........

Advertisement