Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I download 360 gamesaves?

• 05-08-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to download xbox 360 gamesaves from the net and transfer them to the 360 e.g I'd like to download all the real names for pro evo 2008 rather then change them myself. I have a usb key and searched for info on the net but didn't find much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think you need a modded 360 for transferring files from the pc. I could be wrong though. Maybe :)

I just changed them all myself (on Pro Evo) it didn't take too long cos I have one of those chatpad yokes (very handy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Microsoft don't look to kindly on this sort of thing. I'm pretty sure they'll brand you a cheater (they clamped down on uploading game saves a while back) on you profile if you do it. Possibly even ban your gamertag, not 100% sure though as it's not something I've needed to worry about. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you can buy discs for the player names afaik cant you?

Helix wrote: »
    you can buy discs for the player names afaik cant you?

Eh?

hes looking for the pro evo updated player names, theres blokes selling discs with them on ebay as far as i know, not entirely sure how it works tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I don't think you can. you can usb key to get the offical names and kits on the PS3 though..

hes looking for the pro evo updated player names, theres blokes selling discs with them on ebay as far as i know, not entirely sure how it works tho

Wow! that sounds ultra-dodge!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Microsoft don't look to kindly on this sort of thing. I'm pretty sure they'll brand you a cheater (they clamped down on uploading game saves a while back) on you profile if you do it. Possibly even ban your gamertag, not 100% sure though as it's not something I've needed to worry about. :)

Yeah recently they did a big sweep. The lucky ones got off with just having their gamerscore reset. The unlucky ones were all banned.

They deffo dont take to kindly to this kind of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

banned for using a game save? thats a bit extreme surely? if you consider the amount of people using burned disks and getting away with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

b0bsquish wrote: »
    banned for using a game save? thats a bit extreme surely? if you consider the amount of people using burned disks and getting away with it?

They probably arent playing online. Any consoles found doing this are banned.

theres LOADS of people playing online with modded drives

once theyre ahead of the curve and always updating theyre grand

theres LOADS of people playing online with modded drives

once theyre ahead of the curve and always updating theyre grand

I wouldn't say grand..... nobody ever knows when the ban hammer is going to fall and there's no 100% safe method. It's too risky really for people who like using the live service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I didn't think it was such a big issue with Microsoft. Looks like the easiest thing is to get a usb keyboard and do it myself:( Damn you Gates!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Abandon all hope ye who enter here :x

Advertisement