Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Martin - who has been?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

Hi, going to Billy Martin and just wondering what the story is. They asked for a rough time that we would be there at, so obviously u don’t have a specific time to go in?! We should be there early evening, do u think we will be waiting long? I heard u just take a ticket and wait your turn?
    I have heard he is very good, any stories??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi, going to Billy Martin and just wondering what the story is. They asked for a rough time that we would be there at, so obviously u don’t have a specific time to go in?! We should be there early evening, do u think we will be waiting long? I heard u just take a ticket and wait your turn?

skip through the last 20 or so pages of the "big" thread and youll read all about him

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭STUBBORNGIRL

mel123 wrote: »

i was at him Mel123 and he is amazing! he will know you inside out! better than yourself and he will give you names etc! i have a granny that i never met and didnt even know her name and he started telling me all about this MArgaret one - sure i didnt have a clue who he was blabbering on about - anyway didnt i ask my aunt and wasnt it my Gran!Mental and her name was MArgaret!

you could be waiting ages - i reckon get in as early as possible! he doesnt just spend a certain time per person - i was in there for 40 mins where my friend was in there for 20!!

LEt us know how you get on - i love hearing stories about how right or wrong they get it!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

i was at him Mel123 and he is amazing! he will know you inside out! better than yourself and he will give you names etc! i have a granny that i never met and didnt even know her name and he started telling me all about this MArgaret one - sure i didnt have a clue who he was blabbering on about - anyway didnt i ask my aunt and wasnt it my Gran!Mental and her name was MArgaret!

you could be waiting ages - i reckon get in as early as possible! he doesnt just spend a certain time per person - i was in there for 40 mins where my friend was in there for 20!!

LEt us know how you get on - i love hearing stories about how right or wrong they get it!

Good luck

Howya

how did you find his future predictions??

near future hes been 95% correct with me

although i do know folk that none of his predictions have happened for them

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Hi, just wondering how you got on with Billy Martin? I've been to him a couple of times before but this time I just can't get through on the telephone, is he still in Mullingar??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 valz08

Can someone please send me on billy's number as i have heard so much about him. he is a medium right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 caithlin.g

hey ,,

i went to billy last night and he was brill. he told me things about my past and my future. He told me things no one else wud have known. i left the room crying he was unreal.

u go up at the time u get and sit and wait till ur number comes out, but its well worth it,,

hope this helps,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

can someone post me his number too please?
    thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 terific

I went to him today and wow was he amazing, dead accurate on every little detail. Names and all, could not get over it i was gob smacked, kicking myself after getting out for not asking him more questions!! here his no, <snip>
    well worth a visit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

ya i found him very good alright. ive talked about him on this forum before. well worth the visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

will someone pm me his details please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

could someone pm me his details too! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Annbo33

Can someone please pm me his number Where is he based

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Annbo, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

dulchie75 wrote: »
    Annbo, PM sent

hey would you be able to send me his details too? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilliann888

dulchie75 wrote: »
    Annbo, PM sent
    hi , can you pm me billy's details please , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 furrylegs

Hi

Does anyone know what the format for booking Billy is. I know at one time you could only ring on a Monday to make an appointment is that still the way? I have been ringing all day and can't get an answer. Someone please help................:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Moondust

Hi,

I had to call the Bar, i just kept on ringing and ringing, and eventually i got through. there is approx 8 weeks waiting time. I dont have my appointment till november. I've never been, so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sexykitten7258

Hi im thinking of going to see Billy Martin as I just read good things about him, can you PM me his details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sexykitten7258

hey went to see Billy Martin and he was very very good. what got me was how he saw a baby i lost at 7 weeks last year and though im in my 20s i do look very young therefore its not something people would guess he told me how my grandmother was with her, named my grandmother and told me word for word what i told my granny at her funeral. I left feeling in peace. i was a bit skeptical before but i thought this reading was lovely i feel now my little girl is around me and im very happy. he told me how id get her back gave me the name id call her - the name he gave me is my middle name which is an uncommon name. its also not a name id tell anyone he asked me if i was ready to hear about my baby. definately worth a go but i sincerely believe most psychics are good but everyone needs to find their own

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Could someone PM me Billy Martin's contact details? Went a few years ago. I'm presuming he is still based in the pub in Mullingar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 valz08

Could someone pm me Billy's details also, would be very interested in going to him....
    there is an excellent one in Ballymahon Kate is her name and most of what she told me came true, and she said my grandad was there and she was able to give me names and tell me things that i never told anyone she was amazing there is nearly two months waiting list with her but well worth a visit.... i can pm her phone number if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Going to him in 3 weeks and cant wait after reading these posts, kind of nervous too though. Does he tell you bad stuff aswell or only good stuff???

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

can someone pm me his details cost location etc thanks

I dunno if this is the same thread I posted on before (I'm too lazy to check back over it :rolleyes:) about Billy Martin, but I went to him with some friends before and, truthfully, I thought he was a prick. I wasnt the only one. I know this isn't supposed to be a thread about the character analysis of Billy Martin, but his sour attitude eclipsed what we had visited him for (readings) to begin with. Anyway, we went in separately and he was going on about my personality after he did a card spread. It sounded pretty generalised to me. He threw in some predictions, but none of the predicted events earmarked to occur within a year of the reading have occurred. Obviously I don't know about the long-term stuff yet. Watch this space.

Tbh, I sort of zoned out as the reading went on because I was just thinking, "God, you're some prick" as he was talking. This was after I had attempted to ask him a few questions either to elaborate on something, or to specify something. I mean, seeing as the thing was about me, would it not have been my right to ask the man to go into greater detail about something? He made one of my mates cry when she was inside with him and she was also annoyed because he kept calling her "pet" (despite her correcting him, to no avail), and another friend just walked out after about 10 minutes because he was fed up with him. I dunno.

Maybe Billy Martin was havin' a sh it day when we showed up? Still, don't share your sh it with others. We had heard a lot of good reports about how "amazing" his readings were before we went, which is why we bothered to visit him in the first place. Does he have a load of PR people employed to post on national forums about how amazing he is, or what? I've often seen new members around here whose very first post is about how fabulous (- insert name of psychic/fortune teller/medium here -) is, which makes me suspicious and usually pisses me off. Now, Billy Martin has been around doing his readings for a while. Maybe about five years now, AFAIK? He might not need any new Boardsies to plug his work, unless it's to sustain his business. I really don't know.

Anyway, I've been to Billy Martin and I can honestly say that I didn't think he was a nice person on that day at least, and the reading itself wasn't any great shakes for me.

thanks mojorisin
    I aint gonna go there , cancelled my appointment . I dont need this kinda attitude especially when one is really going for advise . hate people cashing on others confusion and vunrability.

thanks mojorisin
    I aint gonna go there , cancelled my appointment . I dont need this kinda attitude especially when one is really going for advise . hate people cashing on others confusion and vunrability.

No worries. I'm being frank about my own experience with the bloke. Having said that, I'm not sure if people shouldn't bother seeing him at all as a result of our negative experience. Like, he might usually be a nice person? I don't know. I've only met him once.

Sometimes people exhibit character traits that are sort of permanent, and then there are negative traits that surface temporarily because they're in a crap mood or whatever - trying to distinguish between the two accurately is important.

As regards the former (semi-permanent character traits), I thought that Billy Martin was a direct (but erring on blunt the day we saw him), no-nonsense fella who showed confidence in what he does. He talks very fast as he's reeling off the info connected to you and sometimes it sounded like he was doing a voiceover thing for an audio version of a popular psychology genre book. He was only sat across the table on a high stool from me but I thought he was very 'distant' (aloof?), to the point where it seemed a bit insulting. Because he seemed to be in a bad mood, he came across as condescending that day. He takes a quick look at your palm in addition to dealing the cards (he called them "French cards", whatever they are :rolleyes:). He didn't come out with any startling insights after looking at my hand. He sort of huffed in a jokey way and said, "Right, very complicated". But sure you could say that to a goat.

I don't think Martin reads for people for the money (does he still charge €30?) because he didn't throw his toys out of the pram when my mate fecked off out the door prematurely. It didn't look like he had a money-grabbing attitude to me anyway.

The thing where the fella (or lady) behind the bar gives you a ticket and there's no specific time for you to go in is a bit of a balls. It's like 'first come, first served' sort of thing, which isn't very organised at all. We fecked off down to The Mullingar House to waste a bit of time but he still wasn't ready for us when we returned. There's a bit of a waiting game involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Hi just throwing my tupence worth in. I went to see billy and having waited approx 3 hours with left me with thumping headache from hungar and the boom boom music playing, I got what I called sh... reading lasting 10mins. It was all about what sort of person I am which most people could give a good lash at. No predictions at all.
    But then a couple of weeks later my daughter went to see him, same long wait but she with few friends and had few drinks so didnt mind waiting, (personally I dont agree with mixing physic readings and alcohol) anyhow, she came home to tell me Billy had told her to tell me that I would have a minor heart problem but it was nothing to worry about. I actually laughed at that, cause although I may have a few health problems, my heart was in good condition - or so I thought till last week. I ended up in Navan hospital attached to ECG machine cause of chest pains, palpatations etc. No reason found but Billys warning was ringing in my head..
    I do think Billy has a gift...BUT... I do think he is over stretching himself and is getting lost in the midst of the commercial end of things, he is over doing it, and he 'bedside matter' is appaling but I would forgive him that if only he cut back on the number of appointments each day. I think its immoral that he overdoing it cause suspectable people are sooooo vunerable. If you reading this Billy, cut back on numbers and concentrate on quality, you are worth waiting for, but if you tired your cr..
    I'm not sure what the end result of this post is, yes I would recommend Billy, but go with the knowledge you will be waiting 3hrs+ you may get an excellant reading, maybe you wont, your instinct will tell you which it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

I went to him last year. I made an appointment for 3 of us. We travelled from Dublin. 3 hours after our appointment time he saw the first of us. I didn't find him good at all. He asked way too many questions for my liking. He seemed to be building on the answers I gave him. I was embarassed I had dragged 2 others with me for the experience. Sitting in a dingey pub in Mullingar for 3 hours for that.

I still maintain the guy in Ashbourne is the best i'ver ever been to, none of this asking questions nonsense.

who is that guy in ashbourne???
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

who is that guy in ashbourne???
    thanks
    I think his name is Joe Gough. There's another thread on him here, I didn't see it before I posted in this thread.

Advertisement