Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with my remote central locking

Options
  • 05-08-2008 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I have been having a problem with my remote central locking on my opel zafira, I have changed the batteries in the key fob as I asumed this was the problem but it still wont work
    It opens fine when I use the key to open it
    I bought the car in January its a 00
    Anyone know what could be causing the problem or if its worth asking the dealer I bought it from to have a look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You could try the dealer, if you think they won't charge you the earth. Lucifer (a poster here) is great on Opels; I'll send him a link to this thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

It probably just needs to be resynchronized. when you have the new battery in the remote, put the key in the ignition and turn it on (until all the lights on the dash come on but engine not running). With the ignition on press one of the buttons on the remote a few times. The doors should lock and open again. If this doesnt work you have a faulty remote, one trick is to try putting a bit of paper/card behind the battery as they can sometimes become a bit loose and this will keep it in place properly. If neither of these methods work you will need a new remote which costs about €80 I think. Let me know how you get on.

Advertisement