Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Drogheda Need Advice on Areas

Options
  • 05-08-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am looking for a house in Drogheda and have been looking at one in The Sycamores in Greenhills. I would like to know if this is an area with young families and also if there is any problems with the estate in general.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Be aware that once the schools are back, the roads around there are nightmarish at times of Greenhills school opening and closing.

Can't say anything bad about the housing estate. Estates are all expanding out that direction in particular so be aware of this for the years to come.
    Have you checked the bus time routes? I don't think there is that direction, what you could call a regular good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Carzone

Thanks for that, I will look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Hawkeye4real

Not sure how familiar you are with the various areas but if you list a few points, it would help to suggest which part might be appropriate and then if you like a house we could give you a heads up. For example, will anyone be commuting to Dublin, are there young children who will need amenities, will there always be a car accessable or do you want some amenities within walking distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Biscuits.

No way, this is where I live.

It's very quiet and pretty. When I was a kid there we were angels but the kids nowadays are little brats, they probably won't be too bad though.

It's very small, weird if you're living here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Not sure how familiar you are with the various areas but if you list a few points, it would help to suggest which part might be appropriate and then if you like a house we could give you a heads up. For example, will anyone be commuting to Dublin, are there young children who will need amenities, will there always be a car accessable or do you want some amenities within walking distance?

Agree with this
    Also do you want to rent or buy? It might be better to rent first if you don't know Drogheda all that well, if you can get a short term lease for about 6months it will give you plenty of time to really research the town and get a feel for the areas you like and what's convenient and suitable for your family.

• Advertisement
Advertisement