Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone seen the Vectra on the Currage line?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I first saw it on Friday and didn't take alot of notice but it was there again last night and there was a guy in it with a luminous jacket.

It's not your typical unmarked either as it's an old mark. 96 or 97 maybe.

So is it actually the guards then I wonder?

It's parked outside one of the commercial parks and I would imagine if it is the cops there trying to get people coming into the city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cops wouldnt have a car that old, possibly a private security firm if parked outside one of the commercial parks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Sounds like a security guard alright, probably just eating the sambos. The Gardai would usually have a relatively new unmarked Mondeo/Focus. I've seen them around town in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Slightly off topic but were good at that around here....
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0630/roads.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Yup, i've seen him on three seperate nights recently. I'm pretty sure he's a security guard and I think he's there all night. Up until 5am anyway.

Not sure where he's a security guard for though - have seen him parked in front of the new halting site and in front of the recycling place and on the other side of the road too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Cops wouldnt have a car that old, possibly a private security firm if parked outside one of the commercial parks?

Was thinking it was abit old alright - that's what really caused me to have my doubts.
    sgthighway wrote: »

Is it just me or is that a really stupid idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Sounds like a security guard alright, probably just eating the sambos. The Gardai would usually have a relatively new unmarked Mondeo/Focus. I've seen them around town in them.

Not necessarily. I've seen cops before in Galway in a sh!tty 99 Fiat Bravia. I clocked the blue lights at the back window. I know the drug Squad certainly have the odd banger to 'blend in'

Having said that the auto of choice seems to be the Mondeo or Focus which are more often than not without hub caps for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

sgthighway wrote: »

hahahahahaha :D:D that looks hilarious for some reason!

0001907210dr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Dont be fooled into thinking the gardai have just new(ish) mondeos and focus'

They've a stash of older cars too.

In fact they have 1983 corolla or some such that they do for speed in, and the traffic corp have subaru foresters(unmarked) and some highpowered Camrys also, some not necessarily with a Dublin reg.

I heard they have a souped up Boy racer jobbie also:eek:

thye've really upped their game in the last few years, and as long as im not the one getting the points, let them at it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Dont be fooled into thinking the gardai have just new(ish) mondeos and focus'

They've a stash of older cars too.

In fact they have 1983 corolla or some such that they do for speed in, and the traffic corp have subaru foresters(unmarked) and some highpowered Camrys also, some not necessarily with a Dublin reg.

I heard they have a souped up Boy racer jobbie also:eek:

thye've really upped their game in the last few years, and as long as im not the one getting the points, let them at it;)

Thanks for the post. You say fact - How do you know this - have you seen them in action?

I remember a few years ago in the home place there was a garda you would see driving around a little in an old cavalier. Nobody knew whether he was on duty or not and just assumed that the cavalier belonged to him.

Don't think anyone was ever pulled up in it or anything because word would have spread fast (fairly small town)

Advertisement