Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning 1st birthday party

Options
  • 05-08-2008 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Just an informal house party, a few babies and toddlers but mostly adults. Any ideas, tips, or past experiences welcome!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pick the right time, at that age most kids have thier routine and trying to get cute pictures of the iwth the cake and grandparents ect is hard when you lil one is tired, hungry and grumpy. Make sure that the other parents know the time well in advance so that they can tweak thier own kids routine so that they are not tired, hungry and grumpy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

try doing some healthy food

carrot sticks, brown toast cut into chunky soilders and some bread sticks - anytings they can grab hold of and have a good munch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Try get some helpers so you can enjoy the party too, have the food already laid out before guests arrive and have things were people just help themselves. Take lots of photos....including one with mom & dad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

shamama wrote: »
    Just an informal house party, a few babies and toddlers but mostly adults. Any ideas, tips, or past experiences welcome!!

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH I HAVE A GREAT ONE. Sorry just excited like a toddler. Babies of that age the best thing you can have is music outside and A BUBBLE MACHINE. Oh my god i had lots of kids from the age of 6 months to 6 years and they all really loved it ... so did the adults too looked like it was snowing bubbles ( you can get one from smyths).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH I HAVE A GREAT ONE. Sorry just excited like a toddler. Babies of that age the best thing you can have is music outside and A BUBBLE MACHINE. Oh my god i had lots of kids from the age of 6 months to 6 years and they all really loved it ... so did the adults too looked like it was snowing bubbles ( you can get one from smyths).

Won't the constant Irish rain pop all the bubbles :D

Good idea though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Ludo wrote: »
    Won't the constant Irish rain pop all the bubbles :D

Good idea though.

i did it indoors once, it was a bugger to clean up but it was fun lol:D

Advertisement