Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paving!!!

Options
  • 05-08-2008 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

I need some help. Im gonna pave the first 12 feet or so of my back garden. roughly an area of 12x12. and i need help.

can anyone give me a quick breakdown of the following...

*materials etc. ill need. with rough amounts.
    *a rough step by step guide.

and also try and answer the folloing questions.

A: i have a small path of about a 1 1/2 feet at my back door. the rest is grass...do i start paving at the grass or do i pave over the little path?

B: after ive dug down "x" amount into the ground...should i lay some sort of cover sheet before putting down the sand/cement/stones or whatever it is im supposed to use etc?

C:what do i use to "grout" the slabs as such?

Im pretty handy with most things...painting/tiling/laying floors...
    and i havent messed anything up MAJORLY yet (hope hope)
    so looking at the prices pavers are charging i figured id give it a shot...even though i have no clue what im doing!

so any help would be MUCH appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

Have a look at one of the most referenced sites in this forum: http://www.pavingexpert.com
    That's where I started and have picked up plenty of insight along the way. It's a huge site and if you still have questions after reading that, I'm sure some of the knowledgeable regulars (i.e. not me :cool:) will have an answer for you.

Advertisement