Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else had problems contacting Garmin Support?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi All,
    I purchased a Nuvi 350 about a year ago from Pixmania. It came in a bundle which included a mains/ac charger which had various adaptors for euro/us power points etc.

I changed the adaptor and when I took it off one of the pins was damaged.
    I don't believe it was my fault as I was careful and have a few similar chargers (ipod & blackberry).

When I contacted pixmania they said I had to contact Garmin for support,
    I had already registered my device on the "My Garmin" section of their website so I used its contact support feature to submit a support request.
    It failed the first time as I was using firefox and suceeded with IE7, however I have not heard anything from them since.

The only support phone numbers I could find were for the UK,
    http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/uk/uk/support/supportcontacts

I have heard that 0870 numbers are expensive so I used http://www.saynoto0870.com to get an alternate number which is +44 (0)23 80524000

When I dial it I am answered straight away by a customer service advisor and steered to a Queue, however I have been stuck in the Queue for ages and have had to hang up as I am not sure it is costing me so am reluctant to stay on for ages..

Any suggestions on contacting Garmin support? I would prefer to contact via email or other online method.

Any advice appreciated, cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tmulcahy365

Alternatively.. does anyone know how I could find out how much it costs to dial various uk numbers from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Here's the problem with phoning for support: the call agent's objective is to quite simply get rid of you so unless you know how the system works what they'll do is hold you in conversation for a few minutes, promise you the sun moon and stars and then when you hang up they'll mark the incident closed.

The best way is to send them a query from their web site, this ends up as a incident which can be tracked and when you get a reply there'll be a number on it so it's trackable (by you).

Click on the 'Europe - Consumer' support tab and there is a link at the bottom for UK/Ireland customers.

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tmulcahy365

Thanks for your reply.

Thats actually the contact support form I mentioned in my post, where I said I had problems in Firefox and tried in IE7.

Here is the message you get when you have submitted the form.

"Thank you for contacting Garmin Product Support with your inquiry. We aim to respond to all emails within 3 days excluding weekends and holidays. We appreciate your support of Garmin products and hope we can continue to serve you"

There is no reference number on the page.

I filled it in again just now.. so maybe one of my cries for help will be answered.

One thing I noticed this time though was a message in the bottom left saying "Done but with errors on page" when I clicked submit. By the time the "Thank you.." message had appeared this was gone.

Maybe some dodgy ajax.

I think I will use IE6 to send them another issue report!
    Thank feck I'm in the web business otherwise I would'nt have an IE6 test box to hand

Advertisement