Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

montesorri schools in Blanchardstown/Castleknock

• 05-08-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello,

Moving to the area and have a 2 year old daughter. I was wondering if any of you knew of good montesorri schools in the general area of Dublin 15?

Anyone know of other good pre-school programs. Even if not Montesorri.

I've also seen Bright Horizon's featured a lot. Anyone have any experience with these? Especially the Blanchardstown location?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Our only experience in Blanch was with the Naoinra, beside the church. Good pre-school setup with most of the day's activities done via Irish - great if you fancy sending your kids to Scoil Oilibheir, but also great to give them a feel for other languages if you dont want to go the gaelscoil route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think there's one called Chrysalis in Castleknock near where the unicare is, there's a sign up. I done work experience there one year and seemed very proffesional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Never used any in the area but I grew up in Castleknock and a lot of people I've come across from the area would have a preference with the one by unicare! Whether it is a name thing or not I do not know. If you narrow your area down a bit though you may get more help, i.e. Carpenterstown/ laurel lodge/ roselawn / castleknock. I have a friend who uses one but there is no point finding out which if it is out of your reach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

There is one under construction in Ongar. I think they plan to be open in September.

I think its going to be called Mother Hubbard Montessori.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Mountview pre-school is a good place if you are anyway near. Affordable and all staff are fully trained in child care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

This maybe of interest to ye

Directory of Childcare Services

There are a few Montessori in there, hope this is of help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I've also seen Bright Horizon's featured a lot. Anyone have any experience with these? Especially the Blanchardstown location?

Cheers

My young lad was in Bright Horizons for a couple of years and we found it very good overall. He had absolutely no problems when he started national school after being there.

Staff were very good with the kids, and as they operate from multiple locations, we found they had good documented processes and procedures as well as a decent learning programme for the kids. He loved it there.

My only criticism would be the staff turnover was a little on the high side, there was a number of changes to the staff looking after his group while he was there. Maybe it's normal in the industry, but it can unsettle the kids a bit when it happens.

The Blanchardstown setup is great though, plenty of room inside and out, and even a covered outdoor play area so they can still be outside when it's raining. A good idea, especially for Irish summers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

I have a 3 year old and she goes to the Bee-Smart montessoriin Hartstown. It svery good, she can point out some of the countries of the world and pick out their flags. She will be going again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Little Peoples Academy in Huntstown. Is a creche and pre school. It's excellent my three and a half year old has been going there since she's four months old.

Excellent learning programme, she knows days of the week, months of the year can count in English, Irish and Spanish. Great arts and crafts programme seems to go on and my little one brings home fantastic art pieces made with the help of teacher of course.

You can drop the child/children off from 0730 and collect them at 1830 each day. three meals are provided to the children, normally healthy options like rice, pasta, shepards pie etc.

When the children are smaller they write everything into a little book or diary so you know what dinner they had, bottles, nappies, what form they were in, what time they had their naps at etc.

All in all I'd have no hesitation in recomending Little Peoples Academy to anyone for any age of child. You can call them if you like on 01 8225325.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

ongarite wrote: »
    There is one under construction in Ongar. I think they plan to be open in September.

I think its going to be called Mother Hubbard Montessori.
    I walk by it every day on the way to work, it's finished now, nice building, obviously don't know anything about the childcare there, though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Murt10

I happened to notice that Lollipops Creche and Montesorri 34 Clonsilla rd Blanchardstown 15 Co. Dublin (01)8205107 are currently advertising vacancies in the local butchers on Roselawn.

We previously sent our kids there and were very happy with them.

Advertisement