Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Level 8 Degree Dilemma.......

Options
  • 05-08-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all, hope you can help.

I'm a 30-year old woman, married with a family, and have recently decided to pursue my dream job of Primary Teaching. However, I need a Level 8 degree before I can do the Hibernia course.

I went to college, but only completed a Higher Certificate (Level 6) Business course, and I'd like to study through distance learning to get a degree. I'm not keen on the Oscail subjects, and have a few questions.

1]Is there any way I can achieve a degree through distance learning, receiving exemptions due to having a previous Level 6 degree? Any experience of this? Open University maybe?

2]If not, what's the quickest way I can achieve a degree through distance learning, from scratch? I have to earn a living, so I can't go full-time. I'm looking for a distance learning course that won't take me umpteen years to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

how about the rural development degree by distance learning offered by
    the NUI colleges. fairly sure nui galway do it anyway. it's businessy i guess and u may get exemptions through accs ( think that stands for accumulated credits system).

you could do a one year add on level 7 business degree so you would get full credit for your higher certificate but dunno if they offer distance learning. then do a 1 year add on to level 8

go to www.qualifax.ie and type in distance learning and all relevant courses should come up

will a level 8 degree in any subject do or does it have to be related to the primary curriculum? do they do business in primary school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Open University or Oscail (www.oscail.ie) - may be able to get exemptions on basis of previous qualifications depending on how relevant they are to specific course.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'll certainly get credit from the Open University for your previous study. The amount will vary, depending on what subjects you are going for.

http://www3.open.ac.uk/credit%2Dtransfer/academic/award000519_1_BD.shtm

Advertisement