Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which one would you choose?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dont get a type s civic or a GT golf, get the type r or the gti or dont bother, because a few months down the road you will wish you had.

the fastest sportiest car there is the s2000, probably be the best residuals wise aswell, the one that will tick most boxes is the mkv gti (altho at 22k might be a stretch?)

get one of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

the one that will tick most boxes is the mkv gti (altho at 22k might be a stretch?)

yeah, for that kind of money you're looking at a bog standard 3dr manual with no extras that will be hard to shift when the time comes.

The 5dr dsg's with leather still make good money but it would be the one I'd go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

Cyrus wrote: »
    dont get a type s civic or a GT golf, get the type r or the gti or dont bother, because a few months down the road you will wish you had.

the fastest sportiest car there is the s2000, probably be the best residuals wise aswell, the one that will tick most boxes is the mkv gti (altho at 22k might be a stretch?)

get one of the above

See what you mean about the softer Civic and Golf - you're probably right, and sicne I want a car to keep for years I might as well rule the Type S and GT out.

It's between a Golf GTI and Alfa GT I think - I'll have a drive of both I think and see what's out there.

Advertisement