Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitsubishi l200

Options
  • 05-08-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions..

I just bought a 06 Mitsubishi L200 with 28000 miles on it. Its a single cab and spotless. Checked it out on cartell before I did the deal and noticed that there was some finance on it, and bought the finance as part of the deal so I got it at a nice price. I have a new car, but I really bought the pick up for farming and for the old man to get around.

I don't know an awful lot about them, and I have heard good and bad reports, but I knew it would be hard to find another 06 pick-up in as good condition. Can anyone tell me if they give problems? How hard on they on fuel (2.5 engine)? What will it be like for pulling a trailer (10 X 5 Ifor williams with max weight 1500kg)?

I suppose what I really want to know is would you buy one? If not, Why not?
    There is a huge price difference between the Toyota Hilux single cab and the mitsubishi l200 single cab, so should I have paid the extra?

Any thoughts appreciated - but no slagging, its bought now :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

farmer I know had a Toyota Hilux. Brilliant workhorse but had axle problems from previous owner. He since bought a Mitsubishi L2000 and loves it. Only criticism he has is the turning circle isn't as good as the hilux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

farmer I know had a Toyota Hilux. Brilliant workhorse but had axle problems from previous owner. He since bought a Mitsubishi L2000 and loves it. Only criticism he has is the turning circle isn't as good as the hilux.

Yea, I did some research on them and found out that the 06 model onwards of the L200 has a much better turning circle than that older models.

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

hi i have a 07 double cab l200 and have few problems with it, the springs squeak like mad if its dry and if you drive it over 60mph it will drink fuel, its never let me down great off road how much did you pay for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

pm. wrote: »
    hi i have a 07 double cab l200 and have few problems with it, the springs squeak like mad if its dry and if you drive it over 60mph it will drink fuel, its never let me down great off road how much did you pay for it ?

I paid €8k to the owner and €3750 to the finance company. They are €22k new, so I got a 2 year old for less than €12k with only 28k on the clock. I thought it was a good deal. Its for the farm so it won't matter if the springs squeak. It will have a bit of off road work to do. I tested it on thursday with a trip to dublin, it can easily do 70mph with an empty 10 x 5 trailer, and 60 mph with 2 1/2 ton behind it. Its very easy on fuel with no load, but with the 2 1/2 ton after it, it drank a bit, but you'd expect that from any 4 x 4. As I said, without the load, I think its reasonable on fuel.

I'm more worried about the engine, head gasket and clutch. I've never had a Mitsubishi before, and I just hope they're reliable. They are a Jap after all, so they should be??? I hope.

Advertisement