Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pavillion

Options
  • 05-08-2008 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well, what do people make of the new pub and club on Careys Lane?

It is so far removed from what The Pav and "Club Renaissance" it is unreal. I really like the club part. Friday nights and the monthly GoDeep on Sundays are great (though the bar is a tad nuts at GoDeep, advisable to buy 2 or 3 at at time!!!).

As for the pub, its a bit hit or miss. Musically I think it is spot on, but the crowd can be a bit wanky, like the worst parts of the Bodega at its height. But the staff are very good as well, so it is thumbs up all round from me.

I might be a tad over enthusiastic though as I am just really happy that there is a new good option in town again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

I've only been once yet unfortuntely and love the place. The club part upstairs is class and the whole "cellar" desing going on there is really cool but that's been there since the place was built so we can't gove exclusive credit to the Pav for that!

As for the bar, it looks nice from the outside but I've yet to be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not been. What kind of nights/music/clientele/prices are we talking?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

clientele is more like the old bodega tbh from what ive seen. but thats only from during the day and some during the week evenings.

Has some of the old Bodega staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Someone was telling me Stevie G owned the place, that just bollocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Town needed a new club alright. I've only been in there the once, but I liked it. €12 on a Sat is steep enough though considering you are out at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

What was in its place before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Yeah - I see Stevie G in there a fair bit. Mayhap he's an investor?

The old Pav had some classic decor (it used to be a cinema once upon a time) but their Club Renaissance move was a disaster.

Wonder did they buy out the full property or what? HMV is (or was) part of the original lot. You could get into HMV via the pub if you knew where to go. Rumours years ago that Tom Anderson was going to turn HMV into a front facing superbar.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Kold wrote: »
    Someone was telling me Stevie G owned the place, that just bollocks?

Its owned by Stevie G, Joe Kelly(one of the owners of the savoy when it first opened) and Pat (the previous owner of the Lobby Bar).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i love the place. havent been anywhere else since it opened. Jam on friday nights is magic, and i love the wednesday night soul in the bar.

some great gigs in there too, the hypnotic brass ensemble were superb.

the club itself is done up very very well, and the bar downstairs is very nice too (try the couches at the back, you wont ever want to get up, so comfy)

go deep was quality last sunday, great choons and great atmosphere, shame it ended at two am, i would have happily grooved for another 2-3 hours!

big thumbs up from me anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement