Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in new apartment

Options
  • 05-08-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I am moving into an apartment tonight and have been informed that the previous user had unpaid phone bills and had the line/broadband disconnected with Eircom. Will I have any problems setting up a new line ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

thats like blaming u for peeing on the toilet seat even tho its the person before you who did it!

It wont affect anything.HOWEVER, if the landlord owns the line he may well have been paying some costs and then there may be come complications, if the line is going to be soley in your name then there wont be. Your a new subscriber to there service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

A friend of mine had to pay of the previous bill when he wanted the line reconnected. This was several years ago so perhaps policy has changed but be warned you may be liable for their bills, which I don't agree with. Perhaps see if you can get UPC (cable) or a wireless option, something which won't require the use of Ericon and a previous tenants charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

You may have to pay to get the line connected but you wont have to pay any previous unpaid bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

you may be asked to pay a deposit or pay by direct debit but you can not be held liable for previous tenants/owners unpaid bills as you will be setting up your own account with them!

Advertisement