Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Cloning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

I read that earlier, well if she has the money and that's what someone wants to be happy then I don't have a problem with it, not something I, myself would do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

remind anyone of this?

PetSematary20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

peasant wrote: »
    remind anyone of this?

PetSematary20.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of "Re-Pet" from The Sixth Day movie

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

A cloned animal would be physically and genetically the same as its predecessor, but it wouldn't have the same personality. Look at identical twins, they're essentially clones, they're genetically identical. They're even raised in a similar environment at the same time in most cases. But they don't have identical personalities.

Surely a person wouldn't want to clone a deceased pet for cosmetic reasons (merely that they liked the pets appearance) but because they were attached to its personality. Since the cloned animal's personality will never be the same as its predecessor's, what's the point?

The same goes for humans obviously. I think this is exploitation of the grieving to be honest.

Advertisement