Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working abroad with Irish Wireless Broadband

Options
  • 05-08-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I run my business from a website so can relocate abroad. I am thinking of doing this for a month in Portugal.

Only thing is i need to have access to the internet all the time through my lap top - I need to be able to send and receive files (not more than 2MB/3MB - spreadsheets, word docs, pictures), and browse etc.

Does anyone know how I do this?
    And what is the most cost effective way?
    And what is the fastest?

I am currently with O2 if that matters.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nikeyk

Just trying to kick start this again -

Is there anyone who works abroad sometimes that has an answer for the below?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Probably best off phoning o2 customer care.They should be able to set it up for you but it might cost more to use there etc

Worst they can say is no

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nikeyk

Cheere Ricky,

O2 have told me that its €4.50 pe MB using a blackberry. For €50 you can buy 50MB's for a month. Still very expensive.

Anyone know of any other ways??

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You're probably better off getting a pay-as-you-go sim card in portugal and getting it enabled for mobile internet. Roaming charges for data are atrocious.

.. alternatively, find someone very close to where you're planning to stay that already has broadband and share it with them via wifi when you agree to pay half the months rental or something..

Advertisement