Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some good people out there

• 05-08-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I lost my wallet the weekend in the back of a taxi.I got a phone call to day from a guy who found it.It had the usual stuff in it cash and cards he went to a a lot of bother to trace me.

I met the guy and gave him a few bob back ---so if by chance your wallet was lost don't give up hope.

Thanks dude:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Rock on, thats rare these days.. too many people would be only too quick about taking the cash and dumping the wallet..

Fair play too him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

henboy wrote: »
    I lost my wallet the weekend in the back of a taxi.I got a phone call to day from a guy who found it.It had the usual stuff in it cash and cards he went to a a lot of bother to trace me.

I met the guy and gave him a few bob back ---so if by chance your wallet was lost don't give up hope.

Thanks dude:)

I must admit I’d be surprised at finding a lost wallet coming back to me. Perhaps we are all too cynical. After all, most people are basically honest and would return a lost wallet.

Mind you, people can be odd. I remember seeing a mobile left on one of them blocks in JR square a while back which was obviously left behind. I decided to “baby sit” it for a few minutes as I guessed the owner might quickly realize it was gone and re-trace their steps. I got talking to a foreign lass (for some reason I assumed she was German) and she nagged me a bit and suggested I should try calling some numbers. Which I did to no avail. She suspected (and told me as much!) that she thought I was going to trousers the phone once she left. Eventually (to stop her bugging me more than anything TBH) I suggested I give the phone to a couple of guards who were patrolling a good bit away near the clock tower. And off I set. But said lass followed me all the way down to them (at a not too discrete distance) to make sure I handed it over!

Actually I am beginning to remember why I assumed she was German!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

coiuple of days b4 my wedding my wife lost a few grand it was money to pay for a lot of esentials.i was giving up hope and rang wlr and they said that a guy had phoned to say he had found money, anyway i contacted him and got it back and gave him a nice bit for himself. a good chap if ever. i allways hand in anything that i might find, it does come bact to you karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

yuppers , its actually nice to see good people, i remember coming home from the pub completely wasted, and dropped my phnoe in the taxi , the taxi man pointed it out to me when he could have just kept it, nice to see some honesty around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Nice to hear there are some honest people left in the world. not too long ago i gave a taxi driver a 50 thinking it was a tenner (drunk). I jumped out of the taxi letting him keep the change (which would have been around 50 cents if i had handed him a tenner like i thought). ****er drove away and pocketed the money. sigh, wont make that mistake again.

I also lost my wallet before in JFK airport in new york. It had 1000 dollars in it. Yes you read that right. sigh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement