Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abused King Sanke

Options
  • 05-08-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I have came across a friend who has a king snake and is incapable of taking care of it. As a result the snake from what i can tell is healthy but underfed and neglected.:(

I have told him ill take the snake and it looks like ill be collecting it in one to two weeks.

What I'm looking for is a little more than the care sheets iv found on-line. Can anyone recommend books, web sites, anything. I need to re-build the Habitat/box/whatever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as id prefer not to finish the snake off:confused::eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Most pet shops should have books you buy & should be able to offer some advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Caroline B

there are 3/4 irish reptile forums you can join (not sure if i can promote them here)

king snakes are easy enough to care for, but be prepared, once up to full health, some snakes can be aggressive (and almost always are at feeding time). what type is it?

barrons 'kingsnakes and milksnakes - a complete pet owners manual' is good. you can get that at reptile haven in fishamble street - you can also get advise from ben, the owner of the shop, who has many years experience.

his tel number is 01 6704001 (they are open from @12 wed-sun)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

If it has black and white or yellow rings down its body, then its a californian king snake.

But there are quite a few other KS species as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

http://www.kingsnake.com or pm me I've had a cali for 6 years.

Advertisement