Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with hosting365?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lynchie

lol.. my server has just come back online.. uptime is 15 minutes. So much for UPS backup.. Im outta there come January..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Racecaller

Are people's emails working that are with Hosting365?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭octsol

Yeah, what happened the status web site for hosting 365. At least if they updated this we'd have some idea what's going on.

Actually its not so much the outage that drives me nuts, its the fact that you cannot get through to support on the telephone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

grr it keeps coming back and then going off again....my emails worked for about 2seconds and now are down again! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

if you're services is with namesco and not register365

the service updates are been updated here

http://www.names.co.uk/network_status.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 DrB

Websites are back up, but things are not right yet - sending to smtp server gives response that there's not enough space to accept an email. And the space usage reported by the control panel is "0 of 0 MB". This is really messing us about. Methinks we'll abandon ship at the first opportunity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

I stand corrected but it looks like they havent had the decency to even email their customers with an explanation.

No mention of the event in their website news, just all good news and awards.........NOT impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

All hosting365 customeiled report and RFO (reason for Ouitage) document (on Monday morning).

If you are a customer of shared hosting / domains with Register365 / Namesco, you can contact them if you need any details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Down again!!! FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Here's the BS I got from them regarding New Years Day:
    On January 1st 2009 some of our Register365 customers experienced problems viewing their websites. This was also affecting MySQL and FTP access and was due to a significant inbound DDOS network attack.
    This was reported to our engineers at the data centre who worked closely with various upstream providers to block as much of the traffic as possible.
    Almost all services were fully restored later that day, although some customers may have experienced higher latency than normal while our engineers completed the lock down.
    Overnight traffic levels reduced as a result of blocking the traffic at our upstream providers.
    All services are back to normal as of 9:05 am today January 2nd 2009.
    Please accept our thanks for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience, unfortunately, attacks such as these are more and more a fact of life for larger, or higher profile sites.

Cant even log into their control panel anymore, I was using http://cp.hosting365.ie/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP up to last week and now that no longer works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

wellbutty wrote: »
    Here's the BS I got from them regarding New Years Day:

Cant even log into their control panel anymore, I was using http://cp.hosting365.ie/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP up to last week and now that no longer works.

Is there a good reason for a DDOS against them? Apart from some of the commercial targets they host, anyone know offhand of any of the political possibilities? Or are they just covering?

I will have a goo on Netcraft myself

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭octsol

Well at least we know they plan to start to the new year as they ended last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its gone totally to pot lately and getting damn sick of it myself. Love how on the website how customers will be informed of reasons, never got a thing myself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

OMG the dam sever is gone down again. I can't believe this.

Found this at http://www.names.co.uk/network_status.html
    Current Alert(s)
    8 Jan 09
    09:50:06 Register365: Emergency Maintenance Window (Power Board) Friday 9th January 2009 from 00:00 - 04:00 {UPDATED}

Please note there will be Emergency Maintenance on Friday 9th January 2009 between 00:00 and 04:00 for EPO removal from a UPS board at the Dublin Data Center.

All equipment being supplied by this board will be powered down during this period, as legally the Data Center Engineers cannot operate on a live circuit.

Maintenance updates will be posted at www.names.co.uk/network_status.html

The following services will be impacted during this time:
    Linux and Windows Web Hosting Incoming and Outgoing Mail service

Data Center Engineers have exhausted all other alternatives during the past few weeks to find a non-impacting solution.

The management team would like to offer their sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this maintenance window may cause but this work is critical to minimise any further unexpected interruption in service.

For any further queries, please submit an enquiry through your online Control Panel or email support@register365.com

Kind regards,
    Register365 Management
    UPDATE
    11:41:47
    In order to keep service disruption to a minimum, we have been advised that our Emergency Scheduled Maintenance has rescheduled from Thursday 8th Jan 09 to run overnight on Friday 9th Jan 09 from 00:00 to 04:00

We again apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Just done a serach and came across a hand little site

http://www.montastic.com

Free online monitoring of your site that emails you when its down .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Wouldn't it have been lovely if they HAD TOLD US OF THIS DOWNTIME!!!! Sorry, but I am irrate at the appalling Customer Service since names took over, absolutely appalling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I agree. One of my colleagues was doing a product demo at a trade show in the States, and a stylesheet was hosted on one of our h365 accounts. If I'd known it was going to be down, I'd have moved it somewhere else.

Advertisement