Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why Do You Tailgate on the Motorway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

WindSock wrote: »
    I don't understand it, why do you do it? Do you not realise how dangerous it is to be driving so close to the person in front? Do you not know what stopping distance is? Do you do it hoping to bully the person in front to speed up? It happens EVERY time I am in my car. I know how to use the overtaking lane. I don't go slower than the speed limit. There must be many of you here that do it. Can you answer me why? Do you not realise you are doing it?

Well if you're driving properly and using your mirrors, you'll see me approaching at speed and should get out of my way:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well we do that in mine country, the car you "chasing" is being called sponsor.

why? Becouse we have alot of police with speed radars. So if you allready speeding, you know that first car that will be "shot" the car in front. So The car in front will be pulled, and you will just drop your speed. easy!

Not that i aprove it, but it does the job :D.

Ather thing why, its becouse some slowpaw is driving in its fiant punto 1.0l 60 km/h where you can do 100km/h. And that does piss off alot of people, so they start doing that.

If everyone would drive 100km/h on the roads that is ment to be driven on such speeds, it would be alot less of this.

Advertisement