Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink New Coach Station

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭pokerkingsni

Does anyone know of any express buses from Galway to Dublin? Ones that would take advantage of the motorways?

Yeah there is an express, when i was getting on the citylink last week from Dublin to Galway there was a white bus with "Galway Express" on it in dublin Airport. Now for the bad news, i cant remember what the company was called. Though I think its the but that leaves from Bothar Ui Either in town. There's a dry cleaners and a travel agent and beside it theres a sign in the window for the bus.

Bit sketchy there i admit but hope that at least put you on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

They're called 'Go bus' - but their website isn't really informative just yet (spotted them yesterday as well). Would be nice to have an express service, since citylink took almost 5 hours yesterday coming back...

That new coach station is quite nice - shame though that they forgot to add a drop-off/pick-up zone and taxi rank...Idiots. Will they ever get anything right the first time? Now, taxis and cars wikll have to queue in the road

With a bit of planning and thinking they could have solved the taxi problem in Eyre Square as well - by providing a taxi 'shelter' in the new coach station.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Did the jet lagged 5 hour bus journey from Dublin Airport myself...not very pleasent. I would of had to stand around for another hour to wait for an express bus just to arrive back in Galway at the same time anyways. All this because my connecting flight to Shannon was cancelled...Damn Aer Lingus!!..tell us 30 minutes after we were supposed to take off that its cancelled grrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vinovixen30

Sorry about your bad bus ride. All three buses available are like this. The motorway to Dublin is very short -- you have no choice but to drive on skinny, slow-moving roads from the east to the west. One of the frustrating things about traveling by car/bus in Ireland.
    It is quite impressive, but I wont be back there in a hurry. Got the city link from the airport back to galway a couple of weeks back NEVER AGAIN. It stopped in every hole in the road along the way. I didn't see motorway once. This coupled with jet-lag was not fun at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I like the station too, but call it a coach station? Its a god damm bus. Coach is bit posh. Its got notions about itself. We don't need that in Galway - bus stops with notions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    I like the station too, but call it a coach station? Its a god damm bus. Coach is bit posh. Its got notions about itself. We don't need that in Galway - bus stops with notions.

We're a forward thinking city don't you know, coach station :cool:

anyone know how much the new Go bus service costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think GoBus is just Nestor's re-branded: see the words down the bottom here

http://www.nestorlink.ie/

(I also saw a Nestors sign in the building on Bothar na what's-it that some was talking about .. sorry these Irish street names do my head in!)

Personally, now I'm working I'd always catch the train/Luas to do Galway/Dublin-airport. Sooo much less stressful than the bus. But admittedly dearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

snubbleste wrote: »
    We're a forward thinking city don't you know, coach station :cool:

'Coach' makes it sounds like its from a Charles Dickens novel.

which, judging by the experience, is not that far from the truth...

Sorry about your bad bus ride. All three buses available are like this. The motorway to Dublin is very short -- you have no choice but to drive on skinny, slow-moving roads from the east to the west. One of the frustrating things about traveling by car/bus in Ireland.

But it's not - it goes all the way to Athlone - that's half-way! So why not have a slow, stop at all locations bus, and one express that could do the journey in less than 3 hours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

galah wrote: »
    But it's not - it goes all the way to Athlone - that's half-way! So why not have a slow, stop at all locations bus, and one express that could do the journey in less than 3 hours...
    +1. You'd have to say that there must be opportunities there now for express buses.

You'd also imagine that in 2 years time, with the motorway complete, that an express bus would beat the train.

Advertisement