Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First day

Options
  • 05-08-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

This is my first day off cigarettes, smoke 20 a day-ish and am finding it a fricken nightmare :(…I’m not using any nicotine replacement stuff (patches, gum or anything) because I just wanted to got cold turkey instead of messing around...now Im thinking that I should get low strength patches...are these the 7mg?? I have used the higher does ones before (maybe 1.5 years ago) but these gave me weird dreams so am hoping the 7mg wont.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had used the inhaler thing..you know the thingy-magig that you pretend is a smoke…is it more effective than the patches?

Also…has anyone else had twitchy eyes? My eyes are twitching all day and its driving me mad.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Well done, the first day of many I'm sure, the next 15 minutes are the most important (just remember that you don't need to smoke)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I gave in at about 8pm that night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

Hi LadyE, how are ya getting on now?? i gave up 4 months ago, cold turkey, best thing is to keep busy!!! good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Lady E
    you dont need the smoke
    You need to break the routine
    Although the inhaler keeps the hands buzy
    your still getting the nicotine fix which is what your addicted to same with the patches.
    Go have something to eat it'll take your mind off things, and give you somthing to do next month when you need to loose weight from all the sweet sweet food you'll be tasting when your taste buds kick back in.
    Im off them a month now and the first week was a bithc but now im delighted with myself that I stuck with it,
    YOU CAN DO IT.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Stick with it..craving only lasts 3 minutes, find something to occupy your hands and mind. Easy for me to say, but it all works in 3's.

Get through the first 3 mins, 3 hours, 3 days, and so on. It'll be worth it in the end. I'm off the dreaded fags 4 yrs. this May just gone:D Stick with it..

Oh and most importantly, I didn't succeed the first time, but tried again and did it the second>

• Advertisement
Advertisement