Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi Ingredients

• 05-08-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where in Dublin I could pick up some supplies for making Sushi?
    I suppose mainly i'm looking for suitable fish, and the Nori (Seaweed/alga sheets)
    But some of the other supplies would be nice too, Gari (ginger), wasabi ect..

Has anybody seen a Japanese food shop around anywhere?
    I cant think of one :o

Cheers all..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I picked up a lot of sushi making ingredients in the 'foreign muck' section of my local Tesco (Merrion Centre). They had sushi rice, seaweed sheets and various condiments. I'm sure there's somewhere in town that has all that and more though.

I plan on taking a trip out to the little shop on the pier in Dun Laoghaire this Saturday to get my fish. Mmmm sushi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i'm pretty sure the asian supermarket behind the market bar has all the ingredients you're looking for. As for the fish, personally i would go to howth

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

You can get all the paraphernalia you need except the fish in the Asian Market on Drury St.

Aya on Clarendon St sells sushi rice, nori, rolling mats, mirin etc beside the checkout also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mines

I would suggest the asian supermarket in Abbey St. It's just off the luas stop. They virtually have everything you could need to prepare sushi (wasabi, soya sauce, nori weed, etc, etc)

Btw, this is my firs post. Hi everyone :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Welcome to boards Mines :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mines

Welcome to boards Mines :)

Thanks Mr Magnolia :)

BTW, does anyone know the proper recipe to prepare the rice to make sushi?

My success rate is 20% :D I always get a kind of soggy rice with nori

Advertisement