Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont want to hurt her....

Options
  • 05-08-2008 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

HI, Im going unregistered for this one..

Im recently out and a few weeks ago I met this wonderful woman... Shes a bit older than me and has a bit of baggage {which dosnt bother me in the slightest}
    The thing is im afraid Im going to hurt her. I get the feeling she is more into me than I am into her... Dont get me wrong I think shes lovely etc. I just feel things are moving so fast. She told me yesterday shes 'mad about me'. the problem is I dont feel the same way.

Id never lead her on, Im happy with things as they are but Im afraid that I might not become 'mad about her' and I dont want her to fall in love with me and I to hurt her.
    I realise this sounds like im full of myself, but im not at all. This is my first real relationship with a woman and this probably sounds like a stupid problem...
    Do I finish things now? Do I keep things as they are and hope for the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Okay, I'm probably gonna get bashed for saying this, but my advice is not to get too stressed out about her telling you she's 'mad about you'.

In my experience, this is normal with girls. Everything is a bit more dramatic and intense for some reason. Same thing happened with me in my first relationship, and I was worried about what I should do, and then before I know it, she wasn't 'mad about me' after all...., so my advice would be to just chill a little and maybe just say to her that you want to take things slower or whatever. But don't let it freak you out, cos I'd say that 90% of lesbians will be 'mad about you' after a few weeks, they're notorious for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Finishing it is up to you. You should, however, sit down and have a conversation with her about what the relationship means to you and where your head is at. She might back off and claim down. Tbh its sounds like initial infatuation on her part, definitely something which can be managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In my experience as a lesbian you should just go with the flow with her, she clearly wants to be with you and cares for you. I take it you care about this woman which that in itself shows something, the rest will follow. You need to stop thinking about things and let things develop. She is probably just as nervous as you, I think the two of you need to have some fun and get it together. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Royalclan

Hi its not unusual for you to feel like this. She is probably just able to open up to people more. I think you need to just stop thinking about things and just go with the flow with this. Its not often we meet people that we like, take it from me. You seem like a really nice caring person, in every relationship there is always going to be one partner who is more committed or INTO the other, I've discussed with my Gay and Straight friends and they all agreed.
    All you need to do is chill out go with the flow and enjoy it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

My only advise is don't say anything you don't mean. That'll make things far far worse in the long run. As previously stated some people just fall for people far more quickly than others, just chillax and see how it goes, don't worry about what might happen and live in the now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Royalclan

Just one other thing If shes older than you it could just be that she is more experienced being with women and she knows what she wants. I wouldn't be giving up on the relationship. You should enjoy it :D

Advertisement