Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodlawn House - most haunted house in Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 demondrive

sullysmum wrote: »
    What is a hook room?

The hook room is a room full of hooks. It is meant to he the most haunted room in the house. It would have been used for hanging carcasses of dead animals.i have seen pictures of this room and I believe the room still has the hook hanging there.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

18th/19th century version of a fridge - kept the food cool & fresh
    There is a very good example at Fota House, County Cork (open to the public)
    see here: http://www.fotalearningzone.ie/index.php/resources/resource/40/category/primary_resources
    The one at Woodlawn is similar but smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Reamonnt

lolimonzy wrote: »
    Woodlawn House is very dear to me...i have a good friendship with the 8th Lord Ashtown Roderick Trench and have spent many days and nights around this house alone with a camera and never saw or heard anything..I also had the honour of interviewing the last remaining servant of woodlawn house who has since passed away..This lovely lady laughed at the mention of it being haunted back in 2003,she said there is no reason why it would be.. She claimed that all servants and tenants of woodlawn were treated very well by the Ashtowns.And Derek Le Poer Trench who was the last man to live in this house in the 70S was said to have shot himself at woodlawn house grounds,,again not true.I am currently undergoing a new big project at Woodlawn house...if a little ghosty pops out at me,il be sure to eat my words and let you know..but i am a firm believer that spirits are everywhere,including a brand new house ...If a persons death is sudden or tragic,the spirit may never rest and if you look for them and piss them off enough,they ll appear,,not only in old mansions like Woodlawn.
    Woodlawn is a nice village with some wonderful people and a good tight community,this stuff does upset them ...claiming this house is MOST HAUNTED in ireland?? give over guys..its not...or maybe just the spirits like me..

Are these the same trenches that were protected by the black and tans during the war of independance and the so-called lord trench was the most bitter oppenent of home rule and famous for evicting tenents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

what's that got to do with ghosts?

Advertisement