Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

has peugeot 306 diesel a turbo or not

Options
  • 05-08-2008 5:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

just wondering would a 98 306 estate diesel have a turbo in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think they were available both with and without.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

which was standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

theres a 1.9 d and a 1.9 td

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

which was standard

The non turbo, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the D-Turbo was available from mid 1995

whether it was available on the estate in Ireland is something I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A diesel car the size of the 306 back with a turbo was rare so I would image that if your 306 estate had it it would probably have it on the badge. The 1.9d was sold along side the 1.9 diesel-turbo afaik.

Anyway a quick look under the bonnet or drive should tell you quickly if it has a turbo or not, I'd imagine.

I suppose you may as well look at Xsara estates as well. a lot of them had turbo diesels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

well how would i know if ithad a turbo under the bonnet or not. any pictures of one would be greatly appreciated. im just curious as we got one as a field car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

There is far more Diesels than Turbo Diesel 306's in Ireland ( typical ). I'm sure if you were to get into one and to drive it you would know if it is a Dturbo or A Diesel. If you are unsure, pop the bonnet. The D Turbo has a distinct top mounted intercooler on top of the engine, where as the normal non-turbo diesel will just look like a 1.9 lump or metal under the hood. Also, the vehicle registration documents should specify if it is a Turbo diesel or N/a Diesel.

The turdo diesel & diesel have both been availible since near-launch up till 1999, where the introduction of the new era of diesels were brought in, the 2.0 HDI ( common rail ). It had the same power output as the 1.9 turbo diesel but it was far more refined and economical & cleaner. The 2.0 HDI remained up until 2001 when the 306 ended production.

Could a 98 have a turbo? Of course it could. Although most estates in Ireland were NA diesels. ( non-turbo )

PM me the reg number and I'll check.

• Advertisement
Advertisement