Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat problem!

Options
  • 05-08-2008 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

my male cat is neutered form a very early age. he socializes with a neighbours (also male, not neutered) cat. mostly they get on great (the neighbours cat actually sits outside our front door till we let our fella out to play) but recently the neighbours cat has began to want to mate with our poor fella. the problem is he keeps biting our cats ears and head, so much so he has fresh scabs on him every night. what can i do to avoid this? my cat is predominatly indoors and dosnt venture far but if i keep him in he literally goes up the walls. i woulnt say the neighbours would even think to get their cat neutered, so is there any other way i could tackle this? i dont want my puss to end up with bald ragged patches all over his head!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Hate to say it but your going to have to go in and talk to them, try saying it in a did you know they found four or six cats with Felv or something they were breeding like mad and all the kittens died from it, glad mine is neutered stops him wondering near them and catching anything worse they catch it quicker if there trying to mate with them.

If not I'd say it out straight and show her your cats ears.

Be sure that the cat is not neutered before you go in guns blazing, I have two boys that were neutered at just under 6 months now 2yrs old because I had females of the same age at the time (I prefer females to go through there first heat before neutering them so boys had to be done early) so we didn't have any little accidents and they try to mate with any female that comes into the house and nine times out of ten times they've come straight from the vets after they've just been neutered but this has never stopped the boys. Even though it's funny to look at them try they really haven't a clue what there doing but can leave sores on the females all the same if I'm not their to stop them.

Talking to them will be the only way forward I could see you solving this.

Advertisement