Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Bohemians -v- Shamrock Rovers

• 05-08-2008 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Meh, thought I'd start a thread on this.

With it being a big derby and all.

Think Bohs will beat them but nothings certain because form goes out the window on derby days.

The game is live on Setanta Ireland. Kick off at 8 o'clock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The spacing on the "WE AREBOHS" banner needs sorting. :)

1-0 Brennan. Super free kick.

Fairly quiet here, who'da thunk I'd be the voice for the EL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

1nil to Bohs.

Killian Brennan free kick.

Barry Murphy should of saved it though.

2-0. Rossiter. Thought that was closer to the keeper than they are letting on. A stronger hand might have kept it out.

2nil Bohs now.

Rossiter with a very good strike.

Rovers should be at least drawing though:eek:

• Advertisement

2-1 now by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

good game. first watchable dublin derby in a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Neal Fenn

Premiership touch - Conferance Pace:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Me happy.

Wheres onyd to say that they bombarded us and we were lucky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

bohsman wrote: »
    Me happy.

:pac: Bombarded I tell you! :D

And where is this quality midfield that was going to murder us?

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a good game, but I haven't seen a midfield cut open that often, and that easily, as that Sham one for quite some time.

• Advertisement

Ndo must have slept in or gotten another "injury" Deegan looked 10 times the player Rice is other than that he cant shoot.

Ndo must have slept in or gotten another "injury" Deegan looked 10 times the player Rice is other than that he cant shoot.
    I was impressed with Deegan. Plenty of bustle, good passing and plainly likes to go forward. Ndo, according to the Indo yest, is out for four weeks more, which is why we've passed on him despite his clear desire to come to Bohs.

Rice (another Sham who'd prefer to be playing elsewhere) was out of it for long periods, although he did save off the line when it was starting to look like a rout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Other than after the hit and hope for 2-0 and halftime, Rovers looked ragged, but otherwise, Bohs had far too much trouble putting us to bed than they should for a full-time team with Rovers needing anyone but Purcell to have the chance at 0-0.

Hancock was diabolical for both sides....you know you're getting to Alan Kelly territory when two sides that dislike each other both think you're rubbish for different reasons.

Like the Pats game, we deserved more, but some nights are like that. Thought Bohs sat on the lead and the goal set up an entertaining finish for neutrals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stekelly wrote: »
    The spacing on the "WE AREBOHS" banner needs sorting. :)

So that's what it said.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

I heard the tale end of the 'Eircom League is doomed' interview with Roddy Collins on Newstalk this morninig and someone text in to ask 'about the rioting between the fans at the match' Roddy replied that he didn't see any, I'm presuming and hoping he was correct as there has been nothing about it on the media.

patmac wrote: »
    someone text in to ask 'about the rioting between the fans at the match' Roddy replied that he didn't see any, I'm presuming and hoping he was correct as there has been nothing about it on the media.

All clear at the match. Well, I didn't see any of the officials being attacked anyway.

patmac wrote: »
    I heard the tale end of the 'Eircom League is doomed' interview with Roddy Collins on Newstalk this morninig and someone text in to ask 'about the rioting between the fans at the match' Roddy replied that he didn't see any, I'm presuming and hoping he was correct as there has been nothing about it on the media.
    That would be the same station the 10am sports bulletin of which had zero mention of the actual game. So predictable...
    There was no trouble at the match. It was a purely joyous occasion. Roddy Collins is on a personal crusade against Irish football, because no one in it, other than cheaply sensationalist broadcasters, will hire the goon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

lalala stick fingers in the ears it ain't happening

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0806/dublin.html

What isnt? What are you talking about? There was no trouble at the game.

So if a few scobes in Liverpool and Celtic tops run riot in Dublin, this falls within the security remit of the respective clubs?

Or is this another scared excuse from barstooler 1-2: thou shalt not attend EL games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

two great goals, terrible keeping... was shocked to see him make that mistake for the Rovers goal. Had been tipping him to make Ireland squad

I thought it was terrible keeping for all three goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

SantryRed wrote: »

+1 especially for the first.

The commentator on Setanta said it was a great goal????

The keeper left half the goal completly empty.

Trilla wrote: »
    was shocked to see him make that mistake for the Rovers goal. Had been tipping him to make Ireland squad
    Rare. Very rare.

SantryRed wrote: »

Rossiter's goal was great, hit long. Not much Baz could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I hate hearing the rubbish about hooliganism. Yes it exists, no it isn't ok. Yes clubs should continue doing everything they can to wipe it out, at least around the stadiums.

But this is a universal thing in any league, just because you don't have to witness the hooliganism at a match from the couch or the barstool, doesn't make it any less present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

With Bohs missing Oman and McGuinness I was worried that Rovers would use their height advantage a little more and should have had a goal I think from some good corners whipped into the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Me happy.

ONYD tried to make a complaint about a mod and got a mysterious ban....

Great game, unlucky not to get a draw on the balance of play. You are right, we didn't control midfield like we should have and the only time we properly got at Anto Murphy we scored. We got a lot of free headers in the box, but didn't make them count.

Thats the derby for yeh, nothing fair about it and we didn't take our chances. Appaling refereeing by the way, how O'Donnell didn't walk in the first half is anyones guess.

Advertisement