Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT -> NTL ? Should i do it?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

ok im getting fed up of BT atm, constant line problems, really really slow speeds, awful pings.

Just seen the upc/ntl 20mb package for 40 euro a month, whats the story with ntl nowadays? are they better than BT or what?
    I can get smart too but they only have upto 15mb and their upload is only 512kb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Most NTL users have a solid connection but going by the posts here there seem to be pockets of areas suceptible to problems such as parts of Dublin 15 and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

damn, i live in dublin 15 lol, castleknock to be exact. Anyone here having problems? I dont mind the odd downtime or whatever like once a week for a few mins or whatever. my bt internet connection is so sh1t i have to restart my router on average every 30 minutes just to get a dsl sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

NTL are infinitely better than BT or any dsl reseller (except maybe smart) and I haven't hear of any problems in the castleknock area, only dublin1 but that seems to have been fixed. 20mb without a cap, 1.5mb upload, no line rental vs 3mb expensive, throttling(if you exceed cap) BT. What are you waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

damn, i live in dublin 15 lol, castleknock to be exact. Anyone here having problems? I dont mind the odd downtime or whatever like once a week for a few mins or whatever. my bt internet connection is so sh1t i have to restart my router on average every 30 minutes just to get a dsl sync.

where in d15, its rock solid in Carpenterstown!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭kamin99

Most NTL users have a solid connection but going by the posts here there seem to be pockets of areas suceptible to problems such as parts of Dublin 15 and Waterford.

and malahide i had to dissconect them after 5 days as they signed me up for 20MB and i could only get 10MB ,had a tech visiting me and said that the service is still not fully up and running in the area ,so i stayed with eircom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

kamin99 wrote: »
    and malahide i had to dissconect them after 5 days as they signed me up for 20MB and i could only get 10MB ,had a tech visiting me and said that the service is still not fully up and running in the area ,so i stayed with eircom

I can't understand that. 10Mbps from UPC is faster and cheaper than Eircom's highest package. Would you not be better with them anyway? :confused:

Advertisement