Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUITARIST OR BASSIST LOOKING FOR BAND

• 05-08-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

How do,

Iv been playing guitar for about 8 years, bass properly for about 5.
    I have been in several other bands singing previously but no longer enjoy fronting a band.
    Based Dublin southside, 21.

I am big into pedal effects, big sounds not necessarily heavy but big. Delay pedals, Digitech Whammy, Distortion, Micro Synth.

Id be more than happy to audition or jam with any band situated in dublin regardless of travel, just as long as its the right project.

Influences are important as i want to find a group of dediated musicians who are into similar sounds. Foals, Late of the Pier, Editors, Echo and The Bunnymen, Interpol, Joy Divison.

If anyone is looking for either a lead/rhythm guitarist or bassist i would be interested. Music available if requested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Lynch Pin

heeey! me and my mates are lookin for a bassist if ur interestsed? indie/alternative/rock kinda stuff. situated in the castleknock area,
    ages 18 - 19. 3 members at the mo, guitarist/vocalist, guitarist/backing vocalist and drummer, all experienced players. influences include kings of leon, editors, u2, muse, but we're open to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kieronmc

Pm'd ye

pm'd back!

B.U.M.P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭syd barrett

yea id be interested in that kinda band man. i play bass tho it got robbed at castlepalooza a few weeks ago. am gettin a new one this week and would like to get back playin

• Advertisement

hey man, sounds good, where you from and what are your influences? how long have you been playin for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 seanatkinson

Hi there,

We are an original band looking for a bass player. We are currently playing covers just to get us out there in the giging scene but want to stick to originals after that. We would be a soft rock kind of band nothing too heavy.

Email back if you are interested, and we can set up an audition/jam

Sean

email the following link: email_seanatkinson@yahoo.ie

Hi there,

We are an original band looking for a bass player. We are currently playing covers just to get us out there in the giging scene but want to stick to originals after that. We would be a soft rock kind of band nothing too heavy.

Email back if you are interested, and we can set up an audition/jam

Sean

email the following link: email_seanatkinson@yahoo.ie

Email sent

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Noobjockey

I'd be interested in trying to start a band.I'm a 19yr old drummer and at the minute I'm looking to set up a three piece.My main influences would be Muse,Rush and other hard rock bands.If you're that into effects and stuff it'd be a big help for this kind of music.If you're interested in jamming give us a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Kingcalumn

Hi,

Im looking to set up a band with the above. Ive been in london doing a course in guitar performance, Ive songs almost finished, and am looking to finish, record and gig them. I play guitar and sing also. IM into tonnes of diff styles, my music's more riff driven rock/alternate - Kings of leon meets QOTSA meets muse. Ill be back in 5 weeks and am looking to get this goin, would you be interested in hearing more?

Cheers

Cal

• Advertisement

Getting loads of responses which is great,

I've even had a jam with a band. But i keep getting asked about influences and if its the same on both bass and guitar so the simple answer is YES.

Im happy playing both rhythm/lead or bass as long as the musicians are well able. I just enjoy making fast edgy tunes, with a pop proggresive edge.

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsbcuUo3fqo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woZ55cDwukU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XloAFZdCDtI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStV8B6yXCY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGp-22t0lU

If you need a listen to song its available at www.myspace.com/youngbrightknives

The song really doesnt represent my style or influence. Its the only song i have recorded of myself with decent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

play any keyboards man?

my bands lookin for a guitarist that can play keyboards preferably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 James!

Haha, I know you've gotten a thousand replies already, but if yr interested, http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055374692 Late of the Pier are unreal, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nicolasbc78

Hi there,

We're looking for a guitarist. Given your influences you might like our sound:

www.myspace.com/evasagenda

get back to us here if you are interested

nicolasbc78@gmail.com

Cheers!

Bumped! Back looking to make some music with anyone who's interested. Its been so long since i've been on this forum, its a safe assumption to say my influences have changed a lot. But im still looking for people to play with, guitar or bass whatever needs be.

Links are important, so if you'v got any music available, post it up! Oh and im 22 now... Whores the time go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement