Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another positive test

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Not at all surprising. Everyone was talking about him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

In other news, Ricco said that Dr Carlos Santuccione, aka Ali the Chemist was his supplier. You've got to love this quote:
    "I have not paid, naturally," said Riccò. "Santuccione assured me you could not be found positive. So I did not give him the money."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Ricco has been coming out with some strange quotes, including the one where he said he should have tested positive more times and the fact that he didn't says alot about the testing procedures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

No surprises here at all!! What he did in the Giro was unreal. Disgraceful that he got away with it in the Giro.

It just shows that now these superhuman efforts are being shown up for what they really are. It is just a shame that it has taken so long and some have gotten away with it
    in the past.

I expect a good few more positives for CERA

dedon wrote: »
    I expect a good few more positives for CERA

You would hope that everyone who had been doing it will get busted but I'm not so sure. No word yet on whether they can or will retest the samples from the Giro. Also it seems that all the testing now for the Tour de France is finished, so I don't think we'll see any more positives from there.

Ricco's comments on how only a few of his samples tested positive are interesting. You'd wonder if the test can pick up CERA 100% of the time.

I did read though that traces stay in the body much longer than normal EPO. In which case there's probably a lot of riders planking themselves right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Ya you are 100% right there. The testing does not seem very consistent. Ricco was tested a load and they only got him a twice I think.

So it looks like a good few boys have gotten away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

dedon wrote: »
    So it looks like a good few boys have gotten away with it

Yeah, like that f**ker Lance Armstrong..

sorry, couldn't resist, I'm off to the airport on my holidays and feeling mischievous :)

Just read a quote from Pat McQuaid saying that Sella's samples from the Giro will be sent for retesting. I wonder does that mean they can retest everyone?

Apparently, there was also some talk in the Italian press that other of Ricco's samples from the Tour weren't negative per se, but were inconclusive.

Looks like Rabobank are doing their best to sever their relationship with Thomas Dekker. You kind of have to read between the lines as to why. He's only 23.

Advertisement